Back in the hobbie / From Central Missouri

Kevin3

Hello all. I got out of hobbie about 9 years ago for personal reasons now wanting back in. I live in Bridgeton Mo now. Looking for advise on detector. I was just learning my Explorer II 9 years ago when i had to sell it. Is the SE compairable or should i look at etrac? Also looking for hunting partners. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I would go with the II or the Etrac over the SE. The SE model tried to speed up the recovery (even at the slower option settings), in order to increase target separation. The unintended consequence was, that this means you have to listen 3x as hard to discern the deepies . They can be mistaken for nail/iron rejects, unless you super scrutinize them. Versus the II and the Etrac where you're more likely to catch them TID on the first pass over them.

welcome to the site

Hello all. I got out of hobbie about 9 years ago for personal reasons now wanting back in. I live in Bridgeton Mo now. Looking for advise on detector. I was just learning my Explorer II 9 years ago when i had to sell it. Is the SE compairable or should i look at etrac? Also looking for hunting partners. Thanks in advance

I live in O'Fallon Missouri not far away , till I retired at the end of 2017 I used to hunt the big sports complex in your city . I would run out and hit it during my lunch hour. Two wood chip play grounds , to concession stand and about 11 ball fields as well as tennis court. No issue with hunting it from the employees have found lots of clad there , good place to test a new detector. With this being ball season should be lots of fresh drops in the wood mulch. Haven't been up there this year yet , many closer places . Another place you might look into is Frontier park in St. Charles Missouri found a number of coins there , with the number of events held there all ways new stuff being dropped. Was flooder recently I normally park by the Lewis and Clark Boat house and walk across.

I live in O'Fallon Missouri not far away , till I retired at the end of 2017 I used to hunt the big sports complex in your city . I would run out and hit it during my lunch hour. Two wood chip play grounds , to concession stand and about 11 ball fields as well as tennis court. No issue with hunting it from the employees have found lots of clad there , good place to test a new detector. With this being ball season should be lots of fresh drops in the wood mulch. Haven't been up there this year yet , many closer places . Another place you might look into is Frontier park in St. Charles Missouri found a number of coins there , with the number of events held there all ways new stuff being dropped. Was flooder recently I normally park by the Lewis and Clark Boat house and walk across.

lets get together sometime

Thanks everyone. Leaning towards e-trac. Is the NOX a different animal? I just loved explorers tones for some reason ,

Back
Top Bottom