Nice! headphone improvemnet on the "cheap"

CanSlaw

Elite Member
I cannot take credit for this, the idea, it came from OBN and VA. Beach Max. I just found a cheaper place to buy them and thought I would share.

Changing the ear seals on stock headphone to silicone gel ear seals make all the difference in the world for being able to hear whisper signals and cutting out a tremendous amounts of wind a background noise. Thank you OBN for this great tip.

The photo shows the thickness of the factory ear seals compared to the silicone gel ear seals.

This company is only $8.99 a pair. I ordered 3 pairs and the shipping was only the standard priory mail, not the $8.80 as stated online. I did call them to place the order and asked about the shipping charges. Other companies were priced at $21. a pair http://http://www.flyfaro.com/accessories/gel-ear-seal-pad.html

I used silicone sealant to apply the ear seals. Waterproof and easy to remove if I want to change ear seals again or use on another set of headphones.

Attachments

• IMGP0001.jpg
    IMGP0001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 474
Those are nice. The one on the DF really really SUCKS! :pullhair: The headphones on the DP HH PI did a better job then the DF. Would they work/fit on the DF?

Thanks for the info Canslaw
Just ordered 3 sets myself. I've got a set of gel's (that cost me alot more than $8.99):mad: on my excal peltors and Looooove them! Much more comfortable and sound blocking than stock.
I agree Joe the DF phones are the worst!! Those things give me a headache after about an hour.:frustrated: I don't know how good their gonna fit, but I'm gonna find a way to make em fit.
HH

Those are nice. The one on the DF really really SUCKS! :pullhair: The headphones on the DP HH PI did a better job then the DF. Would they work/fit on the DF?

Joe,
I just put a set on my Excalibur blue headphones, the Timber-wolf Cubs for the GT(the ones int he picture) and my Garrett's for the Sea Hunter. They fit fine on all of them. The Garrett's don't have much surface to make contact with, so I may have to use non-permanent contact cement for those to hold well. Outside of that they work great. There shouldn't be a reason they wouldn't fit on the Whites headphones, I gave them a pretty broad range test on different brands of headphone.

Talk about make an old set of headphones tight again...these do it!

I like those Chuck... I think Joe and I are going to do that to ours and I won't have to keep wearing a hoodie while detecting so we can hear the deep stuff...

Joe,
I just put a set on my Excalibur blue headphones, the Timber-wolf Cubs for the GT(the ones int he picture) and my Garrett's for the Sea Hunter. They fit fine on all of them. The Garrett's don't have much surface to make contact with, so I may have to use non-permanent contact cement for those to hold well. Outside of that they work great. There shouldn't be a reason they wouldn't fit on the Whites headphones, I gave them a pretty broad range test on different brands of headphone.

Talk about make an old set of headphones tight again...these do it!

Good info thanks.

Great Deal

Good Post!! Think the cheapest I have ever got were the 17.oo pair from Aircraft spruce.....At 8 dollars each..Now thats a deal!!..Alway looking for a better way...thanks

How do you like the GG's?..I have installed a couple, neither like them and now one is back ....seems the issue might be both are on Excalibur II's, will know more this weekend...

OBN, Not sure what you are referring to with GG's. I you mean Gray Ghosts, I don't have those. I did and never liked them, mine are Timberwolf's, and those I like.

:?: The price went up! :shock: Still cheaper then Amazon at $19.99

http://www.flyfaro.com/accessories/gel-ear-seal-pad.html

Does that suck or what!? I have heard of price increases, but a 100% in a week, that is ridiculous, it was a good deal last week! Sorry guys.

Did anybody that ordered them today get them for the the $8.99 price?
I was going to order 2 more sets. This is like posting a beach on the forum, give out the information and the hunters show up in groups, or in this case the price doubles!

Sorry CS, I glanced at the ones you had pictured and thought they were the GG, for some reason I missed it in the post.

The additional hits on that page must have set off a alarm...still a very good price. Here are the ones I've been using this past summer..20.00 dollars http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/ruggedgelseals.php One thing on all, and I'm not sure I have mentioned this before but on those very hot summer days they do get a little warm, guess because they seal much better then the stock...but a great improvement on ambient noise...

Back
Top Bottom