Deteknix Diamond Digger

detectingMO

Forum Supporter
Picked up a Deteknix Diamond Digger to put it throught it's paces.

Unboxing

Things of note so far.

about 1/4 - 1/2" shorter than the lesche
Blade is slightly wider
Better grip
Little sharper out of the box than the lesche
Stainless Steel instead of the steel alloy lesche uses. May not rust as easily. time will tell. Should still be strong.
I cut a plug is zero moisture ground much easier but my used lesche is a bit dull.
Still only slightly concave and very knife like
Moves more dirt than lesche

I will be hunting with it all day Friday so I'll know more then.

It's out of the box much better than the garrett and kellyco versions of a lesche like digger. I "may" even like it better than the lesche if it ends up durable.

I don't like that it's made in china.

some pics side by side with my lesche

Attachments

• 20151014_135257_resized.jpg
    20151014_135257_resized.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 597
  • 20151014_135246_resized.jpg
    20151014_135246_resized.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 534
so far this one is a winner! 4 hours of digging concrete hard ground today with no issue. I was prying rock hard plugs with my entire body force and couldnt bend or break it yet.

Just because its made in China it is not a bad construction. After all, the salvage companies and scrap yards here are China's main customers. They buy and recycle our good stuff. Yea we need the jobs here and our resources to stay here. But it is what it is. I have a Zenport a friend gave me. Good tool and was cheap. Stainless and no rust, and i hunt bad wet soils a lot. American companies have got to step up and America has got to stop so much foriegn trade.

Back
Top Bottom