North Myrtle Beach Hunting

clw3f

Based on the link below, there seems to be a lot of restrictions on metal detecting on Myrtle Beach. Restrictions like getting permission from the park department before hunting and returning lost articles to the park department. My thought is, if you can't keep what you find then what's the point of looking. Is there anyone with real life experiences? I am planning on going next month and would like to know what I need to do to be compliant. We are going to North Myrtle Beach. Thanks!!

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/parksfaq.aspx#Question 8

Myrtle Beach Detecting

My only experience with hunting Myrtle has been on the beaches. I know of no restrictions on them other than you need to stay away from the dunes and areas where vegetation is growing. Again, my experience is limited to the beachers and specifically the Occean Lakes vicinity.
Good Luck.
Jim

CLW3F
I have been hunting the Myrtle Beach area for several years. Your link is in reference to the state park which is located on the south end. As long as you hunt the general beach area where you are staying you will not need any permit. (as stated before, stay off the dunes) I have found a lot of coins and jewelery. Hope you fill your pockets full of loot!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your information. I really appreciate it. I am new to this and still trying to figure every thing out. I hope to find a lot of loot!!

Was down there 7/2 ~ 7/9. I hit the Cherry Grove pier area b/c of the fireworks. Found some clad & a $20 bill :D . Had much better digs in front of the larger hotels south of the pier (down around 4th ave). I hit only the dry sand (umbrella line) & never did make it out in the eve as I wanted to do. Had trouble getting up early too. Oh well, it was fun first time scooping in sand :yes:

Only seen 2 other MDers the entire time I was there.

Back
Top Bottom