New NEL Big 15x17 coil for my Garrett AT PRO

Mr. Stroker

Just got my new NEL BIG 15x17 DD coil for my Garrett AT PRO today. This will be used for some civil war fields that are holding some deep relics. As far as I know I am the first in the U.S. to use one, so I will keep everyone up to date on how it does.

At this point all I can say is WOW!

So I know everybody says you can't base a coil on an air test, but hey I just had to test it beside my father in laws AT PRO with the stock 8.5x11 coil

Pro mode, iron discrimination at 28 (what I normally run when relic hunting) full sensitivity.

First a quarter. Stock coil repeatable signal 11 in.
NEL coil repeatable signal 15 in.

Zinc penny. Stock coil 9.5 in.
NEL coil 13.5 in.

Civil war 3 ringer. Stock coil 11 in.
NEL coil 15 in.

Shotgun shell. Stock coil 11 in.
NEL coil 16 .5 in.

I could hardly believe my eyes :shock:

I will give an update after we return from our CS buckle site on Saturday.

Also I have to give props to NEL for a very well built coil, and for its size it swings well!

This pic is a size comparison of my new coil vs the stock 8.5x11

image.jpg

With the new coil on, how much heavier is the nose on the at pro?Also, once you get some use with the new coil could you give us alittle feed back on it.

Wow that's a monster! Love the NEL coils though, I use nothing else on my Etrac. Good luck and let us know how that beastie works out in the field! :yes:

It is a little bit heavier than the stock coil.

You can think of it this way.. It covers almost twice as much with every swing vs the stock coil, so if you are in a fairly open/not too trashy area you should be able to swing it half as much, and still cover the same amount of ground.

I ordered mine from a guy that sells for NEL out of the Ukraine. I will try to find his info when I get home tonight.

When ordered it came with the coil cover,and extended bolt ( the ears are thicker for more stability, and requires a little bit longer bolt to fit)

Just got my new NEL BIG 15x17 DD coil for my Garrett AT PRO today. This will be used for some civil war fields that are holding some deep relics. As far as I know I am the first in the U.S. to use one, so I will keep everyone up to date on how it does.

So I know everybody says you can't base a coil on an air test, but hey I just had to test it beside my father in laws AT PRO with the stock 8.5x11 coil

Pro mode, iron discrimination at 28 (what I normally run when relic hunting) full sensitivity.

NEL coil 13.5 in.

NEL coil 15 in.

NEL coil 16 .5 in.

Also I have to give props to NEL for a very well built coil, and for its size it swings well!

View attachment 208786

Dammit that coil is massive. No excuses on missing anything!!!

Nope. Never any excuses. I dig everything (from iron on up) when I am at a know civil war location. This coils main purpose for me was to get an extra inch or two, and to be able to cover a large field faster.

NEL coil 13.5 in.

NEL coil 15 in.

NEL coil 16 .5 in.

View attachment 208786

Let us know how it does when you get out digging. My son might be interested in that coil. Mind telling us the cost ?

Good Hunting.
ArtWI

I was able to get out to a civil war site yesterday, and I have some results using the new NEL BIG for the Garrett AT PRO.

I first hit a field that I have hit before just to test everything out on some open land. I was running in PRO 0. Iron discrim at 28. Sensitivity was one bar from wide open.

I started swinging and could tell I liked the ground coverage right away, and the extra weight of was not to bad. I walked about 50 feet and I got a 82-84 on the vdi at a depth of 10+. I'm thinking oh yeah!!!!!! A silver dime that everyone has either missed or couldn't get a reading since it was so deep. So I dig about an 8 inch hole.. Scanned the hole... It was still in the hole. Funny thing is now the vdi changed to 68 and stayed on 68 with every swing. So I dug some more, and more, using my pro pointer at this point to see if I was close. Still digging, and digging. At this point my hope was kinda lost as I though it was probably a huge piece of iron. Then with my arm all the way in the hole scraping out the loose dirt I see it. A civil war 3 ringer no less than 20 inches deep. This is by far the deepest bullet I have every dug in my life.

The max I have ever dug a civil war bullet was maybe 12 inches, so to say I was shocked was an under statement.

I will say that I am VERY impressed with the depth of this coil / garrett combo, but I also must add.. If you have back or shoulder problems this may not be the coil for you. Lol. After 4 or so hours of swinging it I was ready for a little break.:laughing:

Going to attach a picture trying to show how deep that one bullet was. I'm standing on the solid ground, and I have my predator tools piranha in the hole to help visualize the depth.

I hope this helps some that may be on the fence about purchasing one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8,457
Wow... Didn't know NEL made an aftermarket coil for the pro. Do they have a smaller coil for it? Or just the 15

NEL 15x17

Hello, Mr. Stroker! I'm sorry for my english) Are you concerned about fellow hobby from St. Petersburg, I posted a link to your impression of the NEL 15x17 website search engine in Russia, many of them are very grateful for your reporting of NEL 15x17! Can you make a video test coil NEL 1517 to the air, and preferably in the ground? The fact that the manufacturer of coils Nel deliberately gives us his performance, we are very concerned about this! Thousands of people Atpr0 from Russia will be very grateful! My contacts [email protected] [email protected]

mr stroker,

Thanks for posting your review of the 15x17 nel coil for the atpro.I searched on ebay and could not find the exact coil you purchased for $230 although I did find other nel coils.Can you please post where to buy this coil as Im very interested in purchasing one.HH.

I found NEL by doing a search, for NEL Coils. Shows several different coils for the ATP and others. It just gives basic, size and price. The 15 x 17 lists for $245. The weight is 999.99 gr. I assume that is grams. They have a cheaper 15 inch concentric, same weight, for $215.

mr stroker,

Thanks for posting your review of the 15x17 nel coil for the atpro.I searched on ebay and could not find the exact coil you purchased for $230 although I did find other nel coils.Can you please post where to buy this coil as Im very interested in purchasing one.HH.

Message the seller on eBay and ask him to list the 15X17 and he'll put one up. That's what I did and he replied with a link to the listing. Mine has been shipped, hoping to have it in another 10-14 days.

Back
Top Bottom