Ace 350 & Nel big coil 15x17

dustytrails

Hey all im new to the detecting world ive had my ace 350 for about 3 weeks ...i got used to the dd coil that came on it and i really like that but the nel big is a beast and im wondering if anyone else uses it ...i have about 3 hours time with it maybe and i have hard times pin pointing with it and i hunt alot of trashy places and i seem to pick out coins easier with me dd coil

Before you run out and get another coil I can teach you a technique for pinpointing with a DD coil. After you locate a target that you're interested in digging, press the pinpoint button and center the coil over the target by finding the loudest or highest pitch signal, depending on how your detector pinpoints, then once you centered it over the target, you can either 1) pull the coil off the target and wait for your tone to fade away or 2) push the coil off the target and wait for the tone to fade away. The point at where you lose your tone then that's where you should be digging.

After you've tried it a few times you'll get good at it. Some people after they've gotten good at the push or pull or both, start to add the "DD wiggle". What you do is wiggle the detector tightly over the target as you're pulling or pushing off to find the target more accurately.

I wish you the best of luck with your new machine! I know you'll find all sorts of treasure if you stick with it. Learning a new machine is fun, almost as fun as finding treasure.

Regards, Tom

Back
Top Bottom