Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Chatroom Jester

Default Harbor Freight

This has been my first time buying anything from Harbor Freight and I think it's going to be my last. I ordered a dual barrel tumbler almost 2 months ago and still haven't received anything. I've gotten 3 notices in the mail notifying me once that it was on back order, the second one saying it was STILL on back order and going to be a bit longer, and now today I got the 3rd one saying that my order is still yet on back order AND NOW going to be canceled if I don't fill out this card and send it back to them...REALLY?!? And on the back it has a coupon thanking me for my patience of 2 months and offering me 1.00 off my next order...yep ONE DOLLAR.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Elite Member

One dollar! You might be able to buy a screw driver with that from them!!! lol

Old 03-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Azmodeus View post
This has been my first time buying anything from Harbor Freight and I think it's going to be my last. I ordered a dual barrel tumbler almost 2 months ago and still haven't received anything. I've gotten 3 notices in the mail notifying me once that it was on back order, the second one saying it was STILL on back order and going to be a bit longer, and now today I got the 3rd one saying that my order is still yet on back order AND NOW going to be canceled if I don't fill out this card and send it back to them...REALLY?!? And on the back it has a coupon thanking me for my patience of 2 months and offering me 1.00 off my next order...yep ONE DOLLAR.
I just went to Harbor Freight today and bought the single barrel 3lb. tumbler. They had a duel tumbler on the floor but it was missing parts. The guy went in the back to check for me and came back telling me pretty much what you already know. I got a bunch of pennies tumbling right now.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Chatroom Jester

Originally Posted by Fiskamon View post
I just went to Harbor Freight today and bought the single barrel 3lb. tumbler. They had a duel tumbler on the floor but it was missing parts. The guy went in the back to check for me and came back telling me pretty much what you already know. I got a bunch of pennies tumbling right now.
Maybe I shoulda just ordered the single. I can understand a month or so back order but this is getting ridiculous. And the card says they MIGHT have them in by april 13th, that's another month..geez I don't have a local Harbor Freight or I'd go buy me a 1.00 screw driver with this lousy coupon they sent.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Elite Member

Why didnt you just drive down and pick one up?? I bought a double tumbler and they had about a dozen more on the shelf at the time.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Elite Member

Maybe I shoulda just ordered the single. I can understand a month or so back order but this is getting ridiculous. And the card says they MIGHT have them in by april 13th, that's another month..geez I don't have a local Harbor Freight or I'd go buy me a 1.00 screw driver with this lousy coupon they sent.
Well at least they didnt say April first.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM

Must be on the slow boat from China

Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Supporter

At least you got the dollar. I never did get an order from orbit,only a ,sorry we can't fill your order. We hope this doesn't deter you from shoping with us in the future.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Elite Member

I have had good luck with harbor freight.
Stuff must take a long time coming from China.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Elite Member

i had to wait when i order a HF pinpointer ,i ended up using 3 or 4 times ,think pro pointer now