Cleaning reddish/brown stained coins

glory-days

As this seems like the most popular forum on this site, I thought I would post a cleaning question here.
A lot of my clad comes out of the ground stained with a reddish/brown color. Has anyone found a way to remove the stains? Thank you in advacnce for your input.

I use Mothers Aluminum and Chrome cleaner. Works very well on those darn V-nickles and buffalo nickles that have that red color to them.

You can get the cleaner at most places like Wal*Mart in the red can. Just rub the paste in and wash it off.

If you throw your coins into tomato sauce for a couple of hours they will clean themselves then you can buff them with a cloth. Yesterday i took my coins out of the sauce and rubbed them down with a soapy brillo pad it must be a fine one, i got the best results i have ever had and no scratches they are shiny like new i can post a photo if you would like to see them.

Regards Maureen.

Believe me it's the quickest way to clean coins you won't want to do it any othere way.

Maureen..

Actually Bop, you just madke your pasta more "mineral-fortified" - it's better for you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom