F75 tones

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to stress something to f75 users.Tones.If your not running DP tones your not getting the most out of your machine.
Myself,I ran the f75 forever and always ran 3 or 4 tones,because that's what I was usto running on all single frequency machines.After seeing so much on people talking about DP tones I decided to step out of my comfort zone of 3 tones and try it.
Amazing is all I can say.I will never go back to 3 or 4 tones on the f75.I Picked a wheat from along side my driveway that's been picked clean from every machine I've owned,including the f75.And it was only 3 to 4 inches down but smothered with slag from welding,and other junk.
De mode,70 sens,DP tones nailed it being there,but so much junk I couldn't pinpoint it with 11dd coil.Switched to fa process and did the dd wiggle back till it dropped off.And found it.
I know it's just a wheat but my message is the Dp tones ,if you want coins to stand out and stop false high tones,give it a try.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
WoodButcher

Same here, been using the F75 Standard when they 1st came out , and a F75se forever- in 4 tone, never once tried Delta pitch, sounds great , looked it up, better for old coins, and id ing bottle caps, thank you for posting this, will try it out after learning my CTX3030s , happy hunting , Earl

DP tones are also the only tone selection action directly tied into the VDI and screen behavior, so I guess you can say the fastest when using both the audio and visual.

I have tried it, still practicing but getting the hang of it more and more.
I will say those tones seemed pretty lucky for me.
One of the very first times I switched to DP I came across a high conductor that was unusually solid in my horrible soil which rarely ever happens.
It was something laying 4" deep and it was in he middle of a drought so it was extremely difficult to chop my way down in this rock hard red clay garbage but that tone made me do it anyway.
It took awhile but when I got down to that 4" level guess what was waiting for me...a 1922 Peace dollar.
Like I said DP for me is lucky.

Digger27

Sounds like the silver squeal on the E-trac, and i thought not on the CTX, but it looks like i see it on that machine to, are you still swinging the F70, or did you get the F75 for a little more ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I see a green disc. I think you may need a better camera, or technique :( ...

Yes I do,that was with my phone which is junk.I changed the two pictures above with two clearer pics..The wheat is really toasted with the iron and welding slag that it was with in the hole,but the amazing part is it was picked out of all that in a real world dig.i wish I'd have taken a pic of the junk in the hole.

Last edited:
I don't mean to throw water on the campfire, but I tried, I really tried hard. Two days in a row. Didn't find !!!!. Absolutely could not force myself to like it. Never had a clue as to what I was hearing. Finally just gave up and switched back to 3 tones, and immediately went to digging coins. Very first hit was a two quarter stack. I suppose it's really a personal preference. :(

Yes I do,that was with my phone which is junk.I changed the two pictures above with two clearer pics..The wheat is really toasted with the iron and welding slag that it was with in the hole,but the amazing part is it was picked out of all that in a real world dig.i wish I'd have taken a pic of the junk in the hole.

That looks like a good candidate to try electrolysis on...

I suppose that's what I didn't understand. To me, everything sounded the same ???

To me every piece of metal in the ground sounds like it has its own tone,and it makes the high tones stand out .When I get a piece of a high tone I go back to where I heard it and just start wiggling,and it shows up.And it's either a coin or coin shaped piece of something

Sounds like the silver squeal on the E-trac, and i thought not on the CTX, but it looks like i see it on that machine to, are you still swinging the F70, or did you get the F75 for a little more ?

Still the F70.
I got tones, boost if I need it, two completely different programs to hunt in where I can utilize my choice of all metal, disc, sense and threshold features on either or both and I am just comfortable using it.
Still learning too so for now I am good.

Honestly the one thing I would be afraid of if I had an F75 is busting off that cool trigger feature as I am clumsy, ham handed and way to hard on my tools.
I am messing around with a borrowed Racer right now and every time I go near that trigger all this is in the back of my mind.
I would sure hate to return it broken.
That would be embarrassing.

I suppose that's what I didn't understand. To me, everything sounded the same ???

It's all about the different frequency in the tones over targets and the modulation...plus maybe the stability in the right soil.
Ask mud about it, that is all he has ever used and he is really good at it.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it or force yourself to enjoy it either.
A button on many Corvettes to change the driving characteristics from normal road to competition race mode might be available but for many doing that without some decent extra special driving skills would be kinda crazy.

It's all about the different frequency in the tones over targets and the modulation...plus maybe the stability in the right soil.
Ask mud about it, that is all he has ever used and he is really good at it.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it or force yourself to enjoy it either.
A button on many Corvettes to change the driving characteristics from normal road to competition race mode might be available but for many doing that without some decent extra special driving skills would be kinda crazy.

Yep, don't think I've got those skills. I know about Mud, and I really did try. It just wasn't happening. Everything sounded the same, I was digging nothing, and I just ran out of patience. Switched back, and voila !

Yep, don't think I've got those skills. I know about Mud, and I really did try. It just wasn't happening. Everything sounded the same, I was digging nothing, and I just ran out of patience. Switched back, and voila !

Yea, those evil engineers at FTP made these with too many tones, too many settings that too many different hunters can use in too many different ways to be too many kinds of successful.

Last edited:
Digger27

Never had a problem with any Fisher machine, F75 standards, CZ70pro, CZ20, F75se, i have 9 inch wrists, lifted weights up to age 50, was very strong and broke thing's easy, trust me that won't be a problem, you will like the trigger, you said you have Boost & more tones on your F70 ? did Fisher offer upgrades for the F70'S, I upgraded my SE with DST- Fast modes & took another transferable warranty option for- 99 bucks- warranty till 2019, Earl

Never had a problem with any Fisher machine, F75 standards, CZ70pro, CZ20, F75se, i have 9 inch wrists, lifted weights up to age 50, was very strong and broke thing's easy, trust me that won't be a problem, you will like the trigger, you said you have Boost & more tones on your F70 ? did Fisher offer upgrades for the F70'S, I upgraded my SE with DST- Fast modes & took another transferable warranty option for- 99 bucks- warranty till 2019, Earl

No upgrades, always had boost, SL speed the engineers called it, several tones including DP, no DST but at this point totally quiet would be eerie and weird to me.
No FA or other programs but still a good match for my use.
A simpler tool for a simpler mind. :D

Nice report Woodbutcher! Yeah...I found myself trying DP tones about 6months after I got my F70 a long time ago...I didnt know what I was doing at all, running AT single tone and looking at the screen...very frustrating with heavy concentration on the screen all the time..I didnt want to miss any Pirate Gold!:laughing:

So then I read the manual... it DID say that DP tones gives you the optimum capability with this rig, so I switched over and stayed in them...it was probably easier for me since I had no base knowledge or experience with the other tones to go on...

All of a sudden! A guy can tell a zinc from a copper penny! A Q from a Dime! A half from a Q! A mixed stack! Tight spill, fence wire, bottlecap, foil ball, whatever! And, you never have to look at the screen again!

I think it works best running mid/soft settings..(depending upon the depths of the targets in that particular area)...the tightness of the target profile, the Proportional audio on the depth of target, its SIZE, (important for the foil tones) etc...lots of immediate audio information from the first ping! If the targets start to go deeper, you can tell (proportional audio), and then crank up the settings to follow the pay streak.

Heres how a standard sweep goes...Ping! (thats a Q) Ping, (3"deep) Ping, Hop coil, (there it is under the sweet spot) In one fluid motion, Stoop and Stab and pull target...like 10-15 seconds from first ping to pouch...In a clad heavy area, you are pulling steady targets to the tune of 50/hr average... Most 'timed targets pulled' was 70 in a HALF hour at one park...in the grass, averaging 2" depth...

A guy can pass on the zincs if he wants to, and just snipe D's and Q's and N's all day long...of course specific targets that you dont hear very often get a 'curiosity poke'...and a look at the screen to cement that tone in the TID range...Yeah...I really like the DP tones and wish my AtPro had them..Just all day long busting spills and popping fast...comfortable...effortless...fun!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• field of dreams-3.jpg
    field of dreams-3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 438
  • dec 11-15-2.jpg
    dec 11-15-2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 437
  • dec 11-15-3.jpg
    dec 11-15-3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 427
  • nov 27-15.jpg