Won't Be Hunting For Awhile. . . .NEWEST UPDATE! (Compadre Coming Home! See Below!)

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
At least not with the Compadre! Compadre not working! The on/off knob is frozen in the OFF position but it's still ON! :mad: Shipping out as soon as I can get money to ship it! So I'm back to using my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202! :mad: Won't find anything! Nice way to start the Spring season! :mad:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least you got a good warranty on the Compadre. Shouldn't cost too much to ship considering they usually only want the receiver and coil.

Yep! True! Coil and Control Box! No Poles! Not very heavy! But I'm having to use the change I found this year so far to ship it! :p So it won't cost me anything (somebody else's dimes and quarters)! :laughing:

Hate to hear of that! That Compadre has served you well. I see the value in one, too!

At least you have a company with the best warranty in the business, behind you! :yes:

Hate to hear of that! That Compadre has served you well. I see the value in one, too!

At least you have a company with the best warranty in the business, behind you! :yes:

Yeah! How's their turnaround time! Out of commission all spring!?! Have the BH 202 but would rather not use it! :no:

Find out how much to send it out. I will be more than happy to get you all the shipping fees. PM me with you address or MAYBE I can pay the USPS online for a label for you to print.

Lets get this repaired for you!

Sorry to hear Penny! I wouldn't be super excited to go back to my Bounty Hunter but it did a decent job for what it is! Maybe it'll nail a good find to redeem itself while your Compadre takes its vacation to Arizona. Hope Tesoro turns it around quickly. Sounds like the switch went out, so maybe a quick fix! Best of luck - let us know how it goes on both fronts!

Find out how much to send it out. I will be more than happy to get you all the shipping fees. PM me with you address or MAYBE I can pay the USPS online for a label for you to print.

Lets get this repaired for you!

Thank you very much. I appreciate your offer! But it won't cost ME. I'm using the change I've found so far this year so it will be someone else's dimes and quarters! :laughing:

You only have to send the control box and coil. Keep the shaft home.

Tesoro are good people and quick.

Sorry to hear Penny! I wouldn't be super excited to go back to my Bounty Hunter but it did a decent job for what it is! Maybe it'll nail a good find to redeem itself while your Compadre takes its vacation to Arizona. Hope Tesoro turns it around quickly. Sounds like the switch went out, so maybe a quick fix! Best of luck - let us know how it goes on both fronts!

It's only 1 1/2 years old! But I have another detector I can try! I have an OLD White's COINMASTER TR Series 2 Metal Detector I bought used for $10 THAT WORKS! Don't even know how old it is -- it's the same model as the one that I saw Nuggetnoggin on YouTube find in the woods! :laughing: So I can give IT a try! Or I can use the BH202 (last resort)!

I'll keep ya'll posted!

Turnaround time is usually about 2 weeks and the cost to ship it out shouldn't be no more than $10 or so make sure to put insurance on it.

Turnaround time is usually about 2 weeks and the cost to ship it out shouldn't be no more than $10 or so make sure to put insurance on it.

Yep! $10.25 and insured for $50 Priority mail and they should have it on Wednesday! I can track it too! Didn't cost ME anything -- used dimes and quarters I found this year with the Compadre! :p

Sorry to hear your favorite machine is sick. Now you'll just have to re-acquaint yourself with the BH. If we lived closer, I'd loan you mine...but wait...if we lived closer I'D be using it because I wouldn't be snowed in. LOL : ) Good luck with your BH and I hope you find some goodies.

Don't give up on the Bounty Hunter. I bought my boys one several years ago and they never used it so I got it back. After being in my trunk for a couple of weeks, I decided to see if it still worked. I turned it on and got a bunch of trash readings so I moved to the side and got a quarter reading. I dug to about five inchers which is usually the limit for coins I find in this park and still didn't find anything. I thought that I might be off target since it didn't have a pinpoint mode. I tried another detector and the signal was in the center of the hole. I didn't think the Bounty Hunter would find a coin deeper than that so I started jabbing away with my digger and scratched a 1927 Mercury at a little over six inches. Then the batteries went dead. They had never replaced the ones in it when I gave it to them.

Sorry to hear your favorite machine is sick. Now you'll just have to re-acquaint yourself with the BH. If we lived closer, I'd loan you mine...but wait...if we lived closer I'D be using it because I wouldn't be snowed in. LOL : ) Good luck with your BH and I hope you find some goodies.

:laughing:

Don't give up on the Bounty Hunter. I bought my boys one several years ago and they never used it so I got it back. After being in my trunk for a couple of weeks, I decided to see if it still worked. I turned it on and got a bunch of trash readings so I moved to the side and got a quarter reading. I dug to about five inchers which is usually the limit for coins I find in this park and still didn't find anything. I thought that I might be off target since it didn't have a pinpoint mode. I tried another detector and the signal was in the center of the hole. I didn't think the Bounty Hunter would find a coin deeper than that so I started jabbing away with my digger and scratched a 1927 Mercury at a little over six inches. Then the batteries went dead. They had never replaced the ones in it when I gave it to them.

Wow! Well now YOU have a BH back up unit! I guess we shouldn't sell the BH short huh! It can do the job!

Back
Top Bottom