White's M6 or MXT?

Joe

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first detector and believe I've narrowed it down to White's M6 Matrix or MXT E series.

Does anyone have any experience with these two models? Or any other suggestions in the 5 to 600.00 (or so) dollar range? We found a local dealer who said his prices couldn't be beat and is willing to give me 25% off of new detectors with full warranty, etc.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Joe

Welcome to the forum Joe...

I own a MXT and although I don't use it as much as I once did its not because its not a good detector its because I'm hooked on anothger type of hunting in our hobby.

I have looked at the M6 and to me it looks like a MXT with a few less things but has 6 tones... I personally wouldn't want that but to each their own.

There are plenty of detectors out there that are good... The only thing I would stay away from are detectors from China... They may sound good but for the most part if you don't mind only being able to get down a couple inches then... :)

Here is a site that can help you along with your choices.

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/

Welcome Joe. I bought an MXT a few months ago and so far all I have found are clad coins. This is because i've just been hunting yards and local schools. The machine works very good and I am impressed with the features. I'm headed out to some ground today that a friends family owns that used to be an old homestead. Hopefully I will be coming back with some pictures of what's at the end of that rainbow :grin:

Seriously though I can't see anyone not liking the MXT but I am going to buy the 5.3 searchcoil so as to pick out the good targets amongst the trash. If this does what I want it to I will be well satisfied with this machine.

Hi Joe! I have had my MXT for about 8 months now and have been very impressed with its performance. I have found some silver coins and a gold necklace. The one thing that people usually complain about the MXT is how noisy it can be. It is something you have to get used to and make it your friend instead of your foe. I don't have any experience with the M6 but it does sound like a quiter version of the MXT with less versatility. If all you plan on doing is coin hunting the M6 may be the better choice with its id tones and silent search. If you like the option of different modes for relic hunting and prospecting then the MXT would be a good choice.

If you think you'll use at least two out of the three features of the MXT, get it. If you're just going to coinshoot, get the M6. I've been using the MXT for awhile now and I love it.

Welcome to the forum Joe. I have had no experience with either machine, but I think the MXT is a little more versatile. I agree with what the rest have told you. Hey, its a White's, its gotta be good. :D

Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice. I went with the MXT and it should be arriving on Monday.

After that, I hope to be joining in much more discussion with all of you as I learn to use my new toy.

Thanks again!

Joe

Joe

The MXT is pretty easy to use... Turn it on set the dials to the presets, pump the coil a few times and your off :) Just read the manual and read it again :)

Remember, have patience. You WILL dig a lot of trash before you really learn just what the machine is telling you. Heck, I still dig a lot of trash. But I also know that with the bad stuff, comes the good too. :yes:

Joe said:
Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice. I went with the MXT and it should be arriving on Monday.

After that, I hope to be joining in much more discussion with all of you as I learn to use my new toy.

Thanks again!

Joe
joe.......you will love the mxt

good luck in you hunting

mac in eugene

Back
Top Bottom