F75 and Whites Mx Sport not detecting silver in test plug

I cant hunt within 20' of my buddy...we both have AtPros set exactly the same...Another time, I was hunting with a guy and we both were swinging CZ20's...you couldnt get within 40' of each other...That coulda been what was going on with you guys...? Thats all I got to add...I cant find a penny right on the deck if I am close to another rig...
Mud

I cant hunt within 20' of my buddy...we both have AtPros set exactly the same...Another time, I was hunting with a guy and we both were swinging CZ20's...you couldnt get within 40' of each other...That coulda been what was going on with you guys...? Thats all I got to add...I cant find a penny right on the deck if I am close to another rig...
Mud

Good info MUD.

F75 works at 13Khz. MXS works at 13.9Khz. They should be far enough apart on the spectrum that they aren't causing proximity interference. However, Coils are nulled at a particular frequency. If you put the coils right next to one another or on top of one another, you should get interference since you will be changing the mutual inductance across the whole system (between the F75 transmit and receive coil, the MXS transmit and receive coils, and adding a new component of mutual inductance between the F75 transmit coil/MXS receive coil, and the MXS transmit coil/F75 receive coil).

So, that is one potential source of non-detection.

Another is ground balance.

If the detectors are ground balanced for well, ground (and if you can lock your ground balance), and you are air testing, you are going to have a difference of -90 to -95 in VDI which will wrap the dime into a region that is likely being discriminated out.

What state are you in???
Out west??

I'm in Northern California (the sane part). I'm in the foothills at the base of The Sierras.

Mud

I've determined it is interference from the two rigs. If he is within 10ft. I start having strange readings on my VDI. Thanks for the input Mud.

F75 works at 13Khz. MXS works at 13.9Khz. They should be far enough apart on the spectrum that they aren't causing proximity interference. However, Coils are nulled at a particular frequency. If you put the coils right next to one another or on top of one another, you should get interference since you will be changing the mutual inductance across the whole system (between the F75 transmit and receive coil, the MXS transmit and receive coils, and adding a new component of mutual inductance between the F75 transmit coil/MXS receive coil, and the MXS transmit coil/F75 receive coil).

So, that is one potential source of non-detection.

Another is ground balance.

If the detectors are ground balanced for well, ground (and if you can lock your ground balance), and you are air testing, you are going to have a difference of -90 to -95 in VDI which will wrap the dime into a region that is likely being discriminated out.

Interesting stuff BottleCapKing. I've determined its interference between our rigs. Thanks for your input.

proximity

.... All i can add to your issue is. The same pretty much as whats already been discussed.

Years ago, i had a hunting buddy and we both had machines on the same freq.

(And i understand you may have set both ur mach. To diff. Freq....but there can still be alot at play here..closeness harmonics of freq. Ur both using etc...)
So we had to keep our distance....to ....i dunno... 50 75 feet or so....n whenever one of us had an iffy target and wanted a second opinion...we just turn off our machine at the iffy site n let them check it...give an opinion....pinpoint..... And back off our distance again

Did. You try turning one machine off? N then check the silver in the hole....one at a time???
Only a few thoughts

Best of luck....
HH
Indiana Bones. :grin:

This is all very valuable in the sense that there are MANY reasons why coins may not be detected one day,and perhaps the next. Variables in this hobby are numerous,this brings to light yet more discussion on things of this nature.

Hey Indiana. I went out and figured out our machines don't like being close to one another. It's a bummer because the places we hunt are usually small locations in the woods. Old foundations ect...

Back
Top Bottom