from the mint to the ground & into my hands 132yrs later

HannibalNectar

Elite Member
Headed out to a place that never disappoints. A huge property of farm fields. Every target I dig is very old and never any trash. I dug four indians. Two of which are in decent shape. And this beauty of a seated dime. This thing was probably in AU condition when dropped. I haven't even washed it yet.
I hope that the dirt washes right off and I dont have to do anything else to it. Its got no black tarnish at all. Just dirt.
Thnx for looking

Attachments

• 20180920_065423-1.jpg
    20180920_065423-1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 20180920_072155-1.jpg
    20180920_072155-1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 323
  • 20180920_071245-1.jpg
    20180920_071245-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 20180920_072248-1.jpg
    20180920_072248-1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 319
What a Beauty! A crisp dime like that! In its minty condition, Numismatic value certainly possible?? To totally and gently clean it with no harm done, What I'd do is, I'd wrap in in a little piece of Hillbilly bread and swallow it! Then, I'd chase it down with some bubbly slightly alcoholic beverage :laughing: Generally comes out a day later gently cleaned, nice, shiny and undamaged!

As a Forum Favor, You can send it to me if you wish and I'll take care of this simple task for you!...I'll just add it to the gastrointestinal load, Like Elvis sort of...

I got a few no account Mercs, a Walker Half, Bazooka Joe bubblegum the size of a soccerball, and lord knows what else all hung up somewhere between my belly button and bung hole...I expect to make delivery anyday now...

In case you are wondering, I dont do old brass padlocks, skeleton keys, or Chrome Nash Hubcaps....not anymore...I'm getting old I guess..Not that I dont have the capacity on the output, Its just too hard on my remaining teeth!..What with biting down on a broom handle and giving 'er hell like in the olden days!..

Plus, the Wife dont like it, she says besides being uncomfortable, a chewed up broom handle has adverse effects on the aerodynamics! :laughing:

Last edited:
What a Beauty! A crisp dime like that! In its minty condition, Numismatic value certainly possible?? To totally and gently clean it with no harm done, What I'd do is, I'd wrap in in a little piece of Hillbilly bread and swallow it! Then, I'd chase it down with some bubbly slightly alcoholic beverage :laughing: Generally comes out a day later gently cleaned, nice, shiny and undamaged!

As a Forum Favor, You can send it to me if you wish and I'll take care of this simple task for you!...I'll just add it to the load, I got a few no account Mercs and a Walker Half in process hung up somewhere between my belly button and bung hole...I expect to make delivery anyday now...In case you are wondering, I dont do Morgans or old skeleton keys....:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:Wow Mud ! You take multi tasking to new levels !

As a Forum Favor, You can send it to me if you wish and I'll take care of this simple task for you!...I'll just add it to the gastrointestinal load, Like Elvis sort of...

I got a few no account Mercs, a Walker Half, Bazooka Joe bubblegum the size of a soccerball, and lord knows what else all hung up somewhere between my belly button and bung hole...I expect to make delivery anyday now...

In case you are wondering, I dont do old brass padlocks, skeleton keys, or Chrome Nash Hubcaps....not anymore...I'm getting old I guess..Not that I dont have the capacity on the output, Its just too hard on my remaining teeth!..What with biting down on a broom handle and giving 'er hell like in the olden days!..

Plus, the Wife dont like it, she says besides being uncomfortable, a chewed up broom handle has adverse effects on the aerodynamics! :laughing:

OK, Mud, do you charge for this "service" or is it free?????
Do you have limitations to diameter, quantity, etc.?????
How can you assure that what goes in, will actually come out? That "soccer ball" of gum might just confiscate some valuables!

Nice. you are like a human rock tumbler.. put on your tinfoil hat and stand under some power lines And you are a human electrolysis machine.

Wow that dime is awesome! I have a permission like that, counting the days until the harvest!!!! Congrats on your great finds!

Back
Top Bottom