13 grams today

cdv

Elite Member
Struggled today for 6 hours before I saw the glint of yellow. The target had a weird sounding tone, kind of trashy but the numbers seemed good, on the third scoop (lots of shells to dig through) I lift the scoop and see a chain dangling off the side of the scoop. Glad the religious medallion was inside the scoop for a counterbalance, otherwise I'd have lost the chain. Medallion is marked 14k, chain tests good at 14k. What bothered me was this is one of those continuous chains, no clasp so I was worried it wasn't gold... the feel and the weight was right and it tested good.
13 grams total weight

GL and HH everyone!

Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_1589sm.jpg
    IMG_1589sm.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_1590sm.jpg
    IMG_1590sm.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 671
Nice chain Cliff! You hitting the goods again. Good to see your sand has moved a bit. I am hoping for the same here.

Sweet find! How is the CTX comparing to the Excal?

That is so hard to answer..... you would seriously need to have both machines on each target prior to the dig to make a real determination.... right now it is the hottest machine I'm using.....BUT.... it is the only machine I am using.... I'm not certain if I would have dug the chain with the excal IF it sounded that bad on the Excal.... the numbers on the CTX is what made me dig this one...unlike yesterday when the numbers told me that ring was a pulltab. From what I'm digging, the CTX is as deep as the Excal, possibly deeper but without a side by side comparison, it is only a gut feeling right now.

Nice chain Cliff! You hitting the goods again. Good to see your sand has moved a bit. I am hoping for the same here.

Greg, the sand has moved but not the same in each place.... you would be upset with what happened to one of you favorite beaches.... its got sand on the shell bed now! Your second most hated beach had loads of sand pulled off the beach and what little slope there was it gone....it is one big flat shelf now....not that it matters any, you hate that beach! :laughing: Haven't been to your most hated beach yet to see what has happened there.....

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom