Deus V4.1 release.

Doug

Elite Member
Below is for UK customers, I'm not sure about world wide release.

"Dear XP Customers,

Please note that from last week we started to deliver the DEUS with version 4.1 installed and will continue after our Christmas holidays.

The Deus version 4.1 update will be available to download from XP website at the beginning of January only.

Don’t hesitate to contact Nigel or Marcus at Regton, Gary Blackwell or any of the XP authorised dealers if you need further technical explanation about the 4.1. (UK)

All at XP would like to wish you a happy and exciting 2018!

Regards

ALAIN LOUBET – XPLORER Sarl"

That is odd I've been using v4.1 for awhile now?

Deus-41.jpg

That is odd I've been using v4.1 for awhile now?

Deus-41.jpg

Yes, a beta version.
There are risks running beta version.
I was afraid I might tie up my units, so never did try.
And then I might have to send in my unit to undo.
And I don't think this is covered under warranty.
So Deus owners beware of beta versions.

This is the real McCoy a coming.

Interesting. When I got it the only reason I installed it, and it didn't say anything about being V4.1b, the site said that the testers of V4.1b felt it was ready for release and had a link to what I got. The only reason I installed it was it looked like it was the final excepted V4.1

Interesting. When I got it the only reason I installed it, and it didn't say anything about being V4.1b, the site said that the testers of V4.1b felt it was ready for release and had a link to what I got. The only reason I installed it was it looked like it was the final excepted V4.1

Well,
I think the only place folks should be trusting for FINAL the real deal version updates is downloading from XP site's ONLY.

Now, I have posted about this what I am about to say previously on at least one other forum.

Some what IFs.

What if a beta version was hacked and was used.
And the hack job was designed to infact tie up Deus.

I don't even like to see folks provide links to sites where version updates are at.
Why?
Could a link be messed with, where a person is sent to a site where a hacked version awaits?

So, I think it is a good idea.
When referring folks to site or talking about downloading version updates, best to just refer folks to manufacturers site.

Fake sites, do they exist??? Or a fake link??
We know they do.

I'll give folks one guess who sent me a pm not here but somewhere else bitching me out for posting this info.

But cyber warfare is happening.

Better to be safer than sorry.

I won't divulge the person's name.
Unimportant really.

I agree. I did get this update from the XP site.

Looking at my downloads I got it on the 25th from xpmetaldetectors.com

For the record, IF the beta was to get "hacked" and Minelab didn't catch it it would say a lot about Minelab's programmers. All files have a CRC number (cyclic redundancy check) that is given out by any responsible software vendor to testers. It basically will tell them if the program/file has been altered in any way. If a file fails the CRC then don't touch it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom