White's DFX

mrauditor

Local ad has one with two coils, two beach scoops, headphones, digging tool, bag, basic pinpointer, rechargeable battery pack, manual and a few other items, used, for $1000. Says used twice. I cannot tell what series it is from the picture. Believe White's started manufacturing them in 2001, but I have not yet found out how long ago White's stopped manufacturing them, but it was not too long ago was it ? What are your thoughts on this model for 95% coin/jewelry hunting followed by relic hunting and 5% beach, mostly dry sand ? Thanks.

more like $550.. I am looking to buy one myself.. last sold 2013 and still a very very good machine from what I have read. Complicate to get the most out of it but will work well with the default factory configs. Very configurable but some people just like "turn on and go"

Yep. Had it for several years. Upgraded from a XLT because of the dual freq. and choice of coils available. Been a great machine for me.

I agree, 1K is a little pricey. I sold mine for $550 four years ago, and it had an extra coil with it.

I appreciate the good info, guys. Believe I will let the seller deal with someone else. My Safari should be more than adequate for my needs.

Thanks.

As far as I know the new ones are the DFX300. Which just means now they come with the 300 coil. But if it doesn't say DFX 300 on the machine a thousand bucks is too high.

As far as I know the new ones are the DFX300. Which just means now they come with the 300 coil. But if it doesn't say DFX 300 on the machine a thousand bucks is too high.

Yep, only thing different is the coil and from what I have rad the 950 is a better coil.. Just bought one of these last night WOOHOO my Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket. Notice all the major extras, new they add up to over $700.. but all dirty and used.. did not seem so valuable.. only one bidder. Another DFX listed as new 2013 sold for $510 with just the extra 6x10 coil.. but it is the same machine as this one which was made in 2007. Still crossing fingers that is as advertised but they are very well made machines from what have read.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-039-s...gvONDIkP%2FP%2BL1iThE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yep, only thing different is the coil and from what I have rad the 950 is a better coil.. Just bought one of these last night WOOHOO my Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket. Notice all the major extras, new they add up to over $700.. but all dirty and used.. did not seem so valuable.. only one bidder. Another DFX listed as new 2013 sold for $510 with just the extra 6x10 coil.. but it is the same machine as this one which was made in 2007. Still crossing fingers that is as advertised but they are very well made machines from what have read.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-039-s...gvONDIkP%2FP%2BL1iThE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Whites can still completely rebuild a wrecked one for around $130 shipped. I had them change everything in one of mine.Screen, screen cover, toggle, coil connection, board. Plus they tested my 950 coil. And when they work on one you even get new screws. You got one heck of a buy on all that stuff!:shock:

Local ad has one with two coils, two beach scoops, headphones, digging tool, bag, basic pinpointer, rechargeable battery pack, manual and a few other items, used, for $1000. Says used twice. I cannot tell what series it is from the picture. Believe White's started manufacturing them in 2001, but I have not yet found out how long ago White's stopped manufacturing them, but it was not too long ago was it ? What are your thoughts on this model for 95% coin/jewelry hunting followed by relic hunting and 5% beach, mostly dry sand ? Thanks.

Yeah asking to much.

Whites can still completely rebuild a wrecked one for around $130 shipped. I had them change everything in one of mine.Screen, screen cover, toggle, coil connection, board. Plus they tested my 950 coil. And when they work on one you even get new screws. You got one heck of a buy on all that stuff!:shock:

Yeah I got lots of backups but can sell it off if I don't use it.. Now if only it was May instead of the middle of January!:shock:

Sounds way to high to me even with the extra stuff. A good used DFX should bring $350 - $400 dollars by itself so however much the extras are worth you can add that in. The DFX is a great machine but does have a learning curve if you want to get the best performance out of it. I have had a lot of machines and seem to always migrate back to Whites and I currently use the DFX.

Yep, I got my V3i for $1000. ;)

Your Safari is a good machine, just keep using that.

Here's my vx3 for $1,200

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 196
$1000 is insane, $500 is fair. I got a new V3i (White's Refurbished) for $1050 with brand new Pro-Star headphones. If you can afford $1000, get a V3i, the DFX was awesome, the V3i is even better.

KShollywood

:laughing: your way off in price , try 700- 800 and you will be lucky to get that, as far as a DFX I could have picked one up with little use for 400, they were getting 500 a while back , but discontinued, getting older by the minute, 450.00 I would say now, Earl

:laughing: your way off in price , try 700- 800 and you will be lucky to get that, as far as a DFX I could have picked one up with little use for 400, they were getting 500 a while back , but discontinued, getting older by the minute, 450.00 I would say now, Earl

I wanted to chime in :) I've had two DFX's so far, a VX3, a V3i a Garrett ATX (never at the same time though) and many other detectors over the past 8 years due to restless detector buying syndrome :laughing: .. After having a VX3 and going to a DFX I found that the performance of both were similar. The V3i had more bells and whistles but I still think the DFX has better ground balance circuitry than the V3i...

I had a DFX out at the goldfields of Nevada and it fared MUCH better than the V3i which I could not ground balance at all using my 6X10 coil and was only able to barely use my 4X6".

Currently I have an AT Pro and it's just not cutting it at the Santa Cruz beaches but it is awesome on the dry sand, parks etc inland... even the awesome white sands of Carmel-by-the-Sea I could not get in the wet sand with my AT Pro!!

Thank God in two weeks I am getting another DFX from a friend that upgraded to one of those blue Minelab gold machines... SDC 2300's The DFX is a great beach detector because of the dual frequencies and it will be nice to have one again.. It's going to be like a breath of familiar fresh air :)

That's my 2 cents worth ;)

Back
Top Bottom