Calling all Dirty thirty users

Theo112

I'm ready to give this thing a go, (weather permitting.) any tips for for a guy coming from an AT Pro are imensly appreciated. I'm expecting quite a learning curve, but am more than ready for the challenge.

Sorry nothing against you or the CTX3030 but your post title makes me want to puke. Why do people call it that? Wish I could help with tips but I have never used one.

Sorry nothing against you or the CTX3030 but your post title makes me want to puke. Why do people call it that? Wish I could help with tips but I have never used one.

Didn't mean to to offend anyone... And for that I apologize . May not be the best nick name for a machine, (although I like it.) I'm not trying to boast... Just looking for some tips on how to succeed with this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think DirtyRob gave it the nickname. I like it it is funny.
Anyway I started with a At Pro and went to a CTX. It takes time to learn but if you stick with it you will love it.

If you don't own one and have never used one you just won't understand..... :D

Didn't mean to to offend anyone... And for that I apologize . May not be the best nick name for a machine, (although I like it.) I'm not trying to boast... Just looking for some tips on how to succeed with this machine.

The "Dirty-30" name was from Coin whisperer. It has a nice ring to it and sounds very close to 30-30. Not sure of anyone else's but mine is dirty for sure.

As far as getting started goes, "gonehuntings" program, ground balance- disabled, auto sens- +2 or 3 depending on how chatty it is, target trace- on, and pinpoint trace on as well if you want. From there just swing and dig. Give it some time and get to know what it's telling you before you make changes. Best advise I can give you is to print out the manual and read it several times.

The "Dirty-30" name was from Coin whisperer. It has a nice ring to it and sounds very close to 30-30. Not sure of anyone else's but mine is dirty for sure.

As far as getting started goes, "gonehuntings" program, ground balance- disabled, auto sens- +2 or 3 depending on how chatty it is, target trace- on, and pinpoint trace on as well if you want. From there just swing and dig. Give it some time and get to know what it's telling you before you make changes. Best advise I can give you is to print out the manual and read it several times.

swing it like you stole it!!! Good luck and listen to Coinchaser he is dead on!!

Yep, great advice! Don't try to cherry-pick until you have a lot of time on it, just dig and learn the responses.

As for the name "dirty-30" I like it and use it! It's a GOOD name because if you are using it, your 3030 will be a dirty3030. Personally, I can't stand it when people ask for detector-specific advice and get peanut gallery comments from people who never touched one.

Don't have one, Kind of neat .:lol:DIRTY THIRTY:lol:
I THINK, the term dirty - thirty comes from two places,
the depression of the 1930's / dust bowl times
and comedian Jack Benny who said he'd always be thirty or in his thirties?
Meaning that he didn't want to get any older. Or something of that nature??

Sorry, I shouldn't have made that comment and you weren't offending anyone. Some things just get under my skin and "dirty thirty" happens to be one of them. Not your fault. :D

Coming from 2 Garrett machines. Loading GH settings and making a nickel bin started finding coins right from the start. My high bin starts at 29 CO because I had some Indians come in at 30 in testing.Time on the machine only makes it easier.

Slow down and listen, and investigate high tones

LOVE IT !!!

I only WISH I came up with the "Dirty-30" term. I would have got a patent for it....like Riley did with "3-Peat"!

100% by coin whisperer!

Nice to be thought of! Thanks! Made my day!

Dig anything repaeatable with 11-anything and 12-anything. Go from there. I get some odd coins at 13's too.

Not to get to technical right off the bat, but I use the target trace a lot. Read up on it. Really helps when you get the swing of things!

My stats are horrible so far with this beast but I am stuck with horrible locations. I'm gonna kick some tail this year! More farms and more door knocking. Also, stuff I didn't dig before I am digging now.

Dig and you shall find!

Thank you everyone for the tips, as y'all are hugely appreciated... Let's get some goods this season.

Coming from 2 Garrett machines. Loading GH settings and making a nickel bin started finding coins right from the start. My high bin starts at 29 CO because I had some Indians come in at 30 in testing.Time on the machine only makes it easier.

Slow down and listen, and investigate high tones

LOVE IT !!!
Ditto. On this site, go to social groups, there's a CTX user group, look at it. Some good info there. You are gonna love that machine, I do, and yes, it will get dirty.

Beach hunters don't use the term dirty thirty since even your sneekers look brand new after walking in beach sand:lol:

The Minelab CTX 3030 is the best silver machine I have used to date. Only machine I know that can go from park hunting to in the harsh minerals of the surf/salt in seconds. I LOVE LOVE the machine.

Holler if you have questions on it Theo after you use it. We are here after the sale with lifetime support and questions dont forget! ;)

Yep... my good friend Coin Whisperer came up with the name Dirty 30... and when you find as much good stuff as he has, I think you have earned the right to name your machine. I moved from an AT Pro to an Etrac and then to the CTX 3030. The Minelab stuff has a bit of a learning curve but if you stick with it and learn the machine you will never walk into the field with anything else. The 3030 is a beast in my opinion, and with all it options you can fine tune it to you particular hunting style. I run 50 tone conductive open screen with target trace on, deep on, and fast recovery on. Experience is the key with using any machine and the 3030 is no exception. The more signals you dig the more you will learn. Best of luck.

The name is catchy and I call it that all the time when referring to the machine.

I'm at a place right now where I'm not sure what I want to do. At pro and new deus I haven't even put together yet. I hear so many good things about the Dirty Thirty. I missed an awesome deal on a beautiful used machine.

guess I will keep saving til warmer weather hits and see what pops up between now and then. The people I talk to that are using the 3030 and have put many hours into it seem to really connect with their machine and know what to dig and what will be in the ground.

The only things that sound good with "dirty" in it, are dirty rice and the Dirty South. Other than that, it's like trying to put a "hip hop" flair on an expensive detector. To each his own, I guess! :grin:

I frankly couldn't care less what anyone calls any machine. I don't have that personal a relationship with it. Or my hammer, or my pipe cutter, or my fishing rod. It's just a tool.

Back
Top Bottom