New Fisher F75+ or Garrett AT MAX ???

Astronut

Of these two detectors which would you choose and why? The new Fisher F75 plus has Boost process and Cache etc. That is almost the same as the F75LTD. not a lot of difference but it comes out with a real good price and a few accessories included for $649.00. Available Feb 2018 middle of the month. The Garrett AT MAX is also a full program loaded detector but more money which is OK with me. I have read a lot about the AT MAX nothing on the F75 Plus yet other than reading about the F75LTD and the F75 SE. Need your input on these two detectors feed back appreciated. Thanks

Bill

that's exactly what I would do too....equinox. If I had to choose between the f75 and at max it would be the f75 because it has more features and performs better in iron,,,

I've had every model of the f75/f75ltd/se etc. Great detector. I have the ATMax now, great detector. Atmax is deeper, in disc and all metal mode. I feel the all metal mode on the ATMax is the best I've used .. max has wireless headphones which is awesome. Max is waterproof..they are both good in iron, max may be a little better...my nephew and I tested them side by side on non dug items out in the field and max was better. On buried coins in my test garden they both were the same until you used all metal mode where the max was by far the winner.the new equinox may be a good detector but we don't know yet. We will see soon on equinox. I'm buying another max this week as a backup I like it that much..

I have both. The 75 is faster with better ergonomics. The Max will identify bottle caps better. The Max gives you more tonal info and pinpoints better. In my soil the 75 is a little deeper in disc and about even in all metal. I live in Houston and rarely does the fe indicator show one bar.

Conclusion: I recommend both. LOL

Back
Top Bottom