Racer 2,,, sneaky machine

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
The Racer 2,,,I am finding to be a real sneaky machine in and around modern trash.

Lots of ways to run it.

It does possess a trait I think many other detectors don't.

For a dig all nonferrous this info maybe not be of much interest,,,but for cherry pickers and folks hunting in modern trash this indeed is some worthy info.

The Racer 2 unlike the Racer 1,, has the ability to set tone break.

This makes the Racer 2 a much better Hunter in and around modern trash.

Some info on what this detector can do.

An operator can use 3 tone,,and while detecting if an operator will listen they will hear a tone ( sounds like a cross between a duck and a goose),, this tone when provided on a target,,,is most times actually 2 targets,,a higher and a lower conductor,,and the TID provided will be average TID.i

So for example a person hunting a site with modern trash,,sure a person can hunt in either 2 tone or three tone with a very high tone break and sniff out some higher conductor coins and jewelry.

But make no mistake if a person hunts only using a higher tone break and digs the high tones-- good finds can be left behind.

So what to do???

An op can run say 2 tone,,with say a tone break set at 38,, and with this setting,,any high tones on any targets,,,a person can toggle over to 3 tone quickly with their tone breaks at say 13 and 64,,, and when they switch over to 3 tone,,,,if they get the solo mid tone= junk target usually ( but a person could dig nickel TID signals) but if they get the tone that sounds like a cross between a duck and goose,,,this denotes good chance of targets of mixed conductivity and again an average TID is provided.

Not many detectors can do this,,and an operator I think can use this to their advantage. Good targets colocated with junk lower conductors can sneak by folks very easily if they are not a dig all type,,but this particualr detector does help one sniff these out.

A person can hunt just running straight 3 tone if they wish,,,but I like running the 2 tone with the tone break mentioned--- to make the detector alert on a target I should be maybe giving some more consideration in studying.

Cheers and happy detecting.

Little more hunting today,,,folks Racer 2 phenomenal performance in modern trash,,,this with the small coil attached.

Detector besides locking on to targets providing ideal TID and tone,,,it does even more.

Using 2 tone to locate a suspect target say with tone break set to 37,,,after location,,switch over to 3 tone ( tone breaks set to 13 and 64),, if the detector doesn't give clear mid tone= dig.

Detector is very good at IDing scenarios where targets of mixed conductivity exists.

Very amazed at this overall performance..

Back
Top Bottom