used Etracs or similar machines

Tajue17

well kinda got the okay to get somethinew new with a budget of 1000.00,,, I'm currently a pretty hardcore tesoro fan I own 5 of them which I will never sell BUT i'm thinking about going in a new direction now.

I was wondering about buying a used Etrac or safari or deus or something else with high reviews in this class? I'm not sure I want a machine that is a pain to learn I really want something that has that factory setting where I can just go out and have fun right out of the gate.

I'm digging in New England not sure if that matters but my tesoros have went down over a foot deep for me in this soil (super tuned) so I really want the same depth, ,,,,,,,I'm not really brand specific so C'Mon recommend me something good!

Skip the Safari! Spend a little more and get the eTrac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with $1000 to spend you are not that far off a new E Trac. Put a little more $ with that and get new and you will not be sorry. The machine holds its value well but that does not matter because you will NEVER want to get rid of it once you get a taste of that sweet silver sucker LOL!

I bought my Etrac used (I'm the 3rd owner), super happy with my purchase. I did struggle through the learning curve for a week or so, but I wouldn't dare be without it now.

Also, I see there are 3 Etracs for sale in the classified section (just saying... Peer pressure and all). ;)

Etrac seems to be the favorite,, not that I'm dead set on new curious about the warranty,,, is it highly recommended to get new with warranty or do you guys think used is still good too?

wondering if there was any probs with them in the past (or a bad year) that could bite me now without the warranty and that part or problem wasn't "already fixed" by the previous owner.

i would either get one of the used ones 800$ and an 8x6 sef with that or just go out and get a new one for around 1k

So I got some time in with the E trac.

I took it up to my local vacant lot testing grounds for a test spin, and I hunted probably 3+ hours on old farms. My trip to the vacant lot was kind of comical because here I am with my new machine, no headphones, and there's a farmers market going on behind me with acoustic versions of Bob Dylan and Rolling Stones songs blasting in the background.

Settings: Coin mode, manual sensitivity, noise cancel. I've hunted all of these sites pretty hard with my Eurotek with a 14 X 15 coil. I dug quite a few iffy signals thinking I had some deeper hits. Dug quite a bit of AL slaw and can ends (choppy but 12:45's). I kept throwing a couple coins down to remind what I was looking for. Ended up with a dozen or so coins with two 1940's wheats. Most of the other coins came when I swept through a gravel parking area that is good for a little clad target practice. The coins were no doubters. Soild, affirmative, tones. Also got an AL bank token, 2 matchbox cars, a couple brass grommets and fittings, and 3-4 old deep dish hucks.

Yes it made lots of noise and the id's are confusing. My main confusion was that I assumed the FE readout was proportional to the actual iron content of the target. Now I'm reading that that is not true. All-in-all it's been OK. Do I think I can find good targets in a reasonable setting? Yes. Do I feel like the E Trac is 6X better (based on cost vs my current machines)? Definitely not, yet...

Get Andy Sabisch' s book on the E-Trac and read it, it really helped me. Stay in one of the stock modes and use Auto sensitivity until you're comfortable with the detector, probably 20 hours or so. Ask lots of questions on here after you have some time on it...

Get Andy Sabisch' s book on the E-Trac and read it, it really helped me. Stay in one of the stock modes and use Auto sensitivity until you're comfortable with the detector, probably 20 hours or so. Ask lots of questions on here after you have some time on it...

Then ask Robby questions, he has helped me a lot with my etrac!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom