Canadian which metal detectors is the best for our steel plated coins ?

From my experience I know few models that are good for our clad steel coins.
The older models like Bounty hunter :Tracker 4, Lone Star,quick silver,Quick Draw 2,Land stars,Time Ranger,Sharp Shooter, All Discovery models,will detect this coinage with no problem with discrimination set at foil . the new coins will make your detector beep to multiple targets ,but with the time you will learn that is a coin under your coil . The fisher F2 ,Tesoro models are good to detect too. From the new model, you must have a detector with a concentric coil ,the new Double D would not detect the coinage at all .Nel coil would not detect this coinage . I did all test and I saw by myself.If you want to visit my websites just click on my Logo .Have a great Day

If you want a beep and dig---Tesoros
ID Tesoro Deleon

From White's--- MXT some swear by, My older IDX Pro works decent

The Quest Pro works.

Older Bounty Hunter Big Bud

Most target ID machines have trouble with CA clad.

I don't know the correct answer here...

But since the coins contain steel,,,wouldn't a person who just wants to look for the coins containing steel,,,if the detector used could either through disc set up or by tonally not being alerted to nonferrous items--- be better suited??

And most detectors seem to work disc wise from the bottom up conductive wise,,but their are some detectors,,,where tonally they can be set up to hear ferrous items specifically and not nonferrous items.

Hi !

We've known this problem here in Europe too, in pre-€uro-times...

The best way is to use a no-motion search mode on a detector with manual ground balance, the ground balance has to be set to SALT (yeah, even if you hunt inland !).

You will lose sensitivity to small gold, but all the magnetic coins will read positive, and, with machines using a digital display, you will get fixed, steady and "correct" (repeatable) IDs.

Don't worry about losing eventually one inch in depth, modern coins will not be very deep, and you'll soon be the most succesful coin hunter of your area.

If I remeber well, another advantage (I used an XLT at the time) is that most bottlecaps will be silenced.

HH

Nick

Back
Top Bottom