• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coiltek's 10x5 coil for the CTX 3030?

sandgroper

Elite Member
I’m thinking of getting a back up coil for my CTX, which I can take with me on my hunts, as the coil ears on the 11in coil (which I currently use) seem very flimsy and I’m afraid they'll break off during a hunt, similarly to my xterra's coil.

The coil should fit into my backpack, so the 17in coil is not an option. And the 6in seems very, very small, so I’ve seen Coiltek’s 10x5in coil, however, I’ve never used this coil so I don’t know what to expect. For those of you who have used the 10x5, how does it compare to the 11in, and would you recommend buying it? Thanks :)

I owned it but I did not like it. It was no where the depth of the 11" but is good on separation. I sold it since my Nokta Impact's small coil is as deep as the CTX's 11" and has incredible separation so I sold it. The person that bought it uses it on a salt water beach that has a lot of iron. The first week he had it, he hit 2 or 3 deep gold rings.

I’m thinking of getting a back up coil for my CTX, which I can take with me on my hunts, as the coil ears on the 11in coil (which I currently use) seem very flimsy and I’m afraid they'll break off during a hunt, similarly to my xterra's coil.

The coil should fit into my backpack, so the 17in coil is not an option. And the 6in seems very, very small, so I’ve seen Coiltek’s 10x5in coil, however, I’ve never used this coil so I don’t know what to expect. For those of you who have used the 10x5, how does it compare to the 11in, and would you recommend buying it? Thanks :)

I find it a very sensitive coil. Even more so than the stock coil as most Coiltek coils are. It loses a tiny bit of depth over the stock but to me hits smaller items better. Seperation is noticeably better than stock so it makes hunting in trash easier.

The coil does "float" in water a bit so its hard to keep it down on the bottom.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to call me direct if you have any more questions! Thanks, Bart.

I find it a very sensitive coil. Even more so than the stock coil as most Coiltek coils are. It loses a tiny bit of depth over the stock but to me hits smaller items better. Seperation is noticeably better than stock so it makes hunting in trash easier.

The coil does "float" in water a bit so its hard to keep it down on the bottom.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to call me direct if you have any more questions! Thanks, Bart.

Old thread but I'm thinking of the coiltek coil, thanks for sharing your opinion!

Back
Top Bottom