Advice on my next detector

Tripleseven

I currently live in southern California and I do beach hunting with my whites PI duel pulse. I'm thinking about getting a new detector that ill use for up high dry sand and junky areas as well as parks and around older buildings. I have years of experience detecting with my whites but haven't used anything else. I would like some advice on what my next buy should be. thanks, happy hunting and God bless!

Wait and see how the Equinox does. So far, though, it's looking like it may be my next machine, and I just got an ATMax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I currently live in southern California and I do beach hunting with my whites PI duel pulse. I'm thinking about getting a new detector that ill use for up high dry sand and junky areas as well as parks and around older buildings. I have years of experience detecting with my whites but haven't used anything else. I would like some advice on what my next buy should be. thanks, happy hunting and God bless!

You have lots of choices.
New and used btw.
Older fbs units like Minelab explorer 2, SE pro, Etrac.
Hunting junky areas need a smal coil though.

The more expensive Minelab CTX, can pull double duty too with salt water hunting.

The Nokta Impact,,good modern trash Hunter or where iron and nails are plentiful.

The XP Deus will do for your needs,,not cheaper though.
Person needs 9" low frequency coil though for a good all arounder.

A Makro Racer 2 is not overly expensive,,nice performance in iron.

Really depends on how much you want to spend.

The Equinox could turn out to be a worthy detector for what you are wanting to do,,,if you are willing to wait for the unit.

Other units worthy,,Technetics patriot, Garrett At Pro, Gold, and At Max,,Technetics T-2 Classic,,,,,for hunting in junk recommend smaller coils than stock.

Any one of the models above equipped with correct coil size for site scenario can certainly find things buried.

There are some even cheaper units than can do too.

Whatever you decide good luck.

There is lots of information about most of the detector models I mentioned above here on this forum.

Search function can help you find some info.

Cheers.

don't forget MX Sport. it's holding its own so far and has new release bugs worked out and several coil options out to. I was going to get one till I heard of the new releases from minelab and upcoming whites and fisher new releases. now I'm on fence waiting again :roll:

We need to know what Whites you have and what you don't like about it.

Saw this at the thrift store Saturday,
priced at $15 bucks , originally priced at $39.99:laughing:
Think I'll wait till next spring, till the equinox comes State side.
8d863f05e928619f9b8a2f848211a072.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have a PI duel pulse I do like it's just nearly impossible to use it in parks or trashy areas

PI is basically like running in all metal mode, right? That's definitely not good for trashy areas. I'd think you could find a detector that could do both, get you into the trashy places you want to and even replace your current beach detector as far as shallow water and combing the dry dunes/cuts. Looks like that Whites would be great for deep water areas where there is less trash though. What is your price range and that can help us narrow down options for your specific areas? Do you want this new detector to be waterproof for low tide lines or are you just going to be running it on dry ground?

... I do beach hunting with my whites PI duel pulse. I....a new detector that ill use for up high dry sand and junky areas as well as parks and around older buildings. ...

Its hard to beat Minelab's multi-frequency technology, which can run stable in highly mineralized soil and conductive salt. The CTX has amazing separation ability but the down sides are weight and cost. More recently ML announced the new Equinox line that has many of the CTX features but is light weight, cheap ($650-800), and rumors state it is also waterproof. If you aren't in a hurry, Equinox seems like the bee's knees.

For me, I've had too many issues when using the ATP, Deus, Racer, MX and other notable single frequency machines at my beaches. Seems I am always running into areas with black or wet sand. When that happens, I quickly get annoyed with the relentless chatter, constant adjustments to try and ground balance and dealing with signals that I have to scan, rescan, and scan again to discern if I really have a target or if its just another erroneous signal. That is the basis why (for years) I saved a backup Explorer so I'd always be "beach ready".

Anyhow, best of luck!

PI is basically like running in all metal mode, right? That's definitely not good for trashy areas. I'd think you could find a detector that could do both, get you into the trashy places you want to and even replace your current beach detector as far as shallow water and combing the dry dunes/cuts. Looks like that Whites would be great for deep water areas where there is less trash though. What is your price range and that can help us narrow down options for your specific areas? Do you want this new detector to be waterproof for low tide lines or are you just going to be running it on dry ground?

I would like to spend around 1000 i want something that I won't be disappointed in. The PI I have works well cutting through the black sand and goes kinda deep but besides that it doesn't pick up small gold very well and picks up all metal.

Its hard to beat Minelab's multi-frequency technology, which can run stable in highly mineralized soil and conductive salt. The CTX has amazing separation ability but the down sides are weight and cost. More recently ML announced the new Equinox line that has many of the CTX features but is light weight, cheap ($650-800), and rumors state it is also waterproof. If you aren't in a hurry, Equinox seems like the bee's knees.

For me, I've had too many issues when using the ATP, Deus, Racer, MX and other notable single frequency machines at my beaches. Seems I am always running into areas with black or wet sand. When that happens, I quickly get annoyed with the relentless chatter, constant adjustments to try and ground balance and dealing with signals that I have to scan, rescan, and scan again to discern if I really have a target or if its just another erroneous signal. That is the basis why (for years) I saved a backup Explorer so I'd always be "beach ready".

Anyhow, best of luck!

I have no problem waiting for the equinox if the machine is going to be that good.

Minelab CTX 3030

CTX 3030
I feel it will cover everything your trying to detect
Running great Deals
give me a call
dennis

Back
Top Bottom