Handles for sand scoop.

DbblTap

Elite Member
I just broke another wood handle.
What is better then a wood handle and is light and strong?

Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of my CF handles from Steve. Note the thickness of the end that mates to the scoop. It's incredibly strong!

Attachments

• CF.jpg
    CF.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 360
  • cf2.JPG
    cf2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 363
Hey steve, do you make a Ubolt style CF handle by chance?

I use a HOE handle...... put a hardwood dowel to enforce. Had mine 6 years now. Cost less than $20. Need to work on that technique. Taking in to much materal u just have to pull a luttle slower.

Tell um gold digger..... he broke a couple of handles and bent his sunspot scoop at least twice. Now he uses a hole handle and eases up some.

I'm a little late to the post but I use the 720i Stealth scoop with a carbon fiber handle and find it super light and incredibly strong. Best of luck.

The shafts i make can't be broken using a sand scoop. They also breakdown to fit in a suitcase.
Fits a certain niche such as myself

bought some stainless tubing on ebay, cut it to make a 2 piece and added grips
I don't think is was more than $30 total. Made it in Feb 2015 and dig pretty deep. Still holding up. Not that much weight

Attachments

• handle1.jpg
    handle1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 119
  • handle2.jpg
    handle2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 117
The carbon fiber is the way to go BUT my gold and diamond ring count for my lifetime is way down. I had to come up with a handle I made.

Pm me if anybody wants to know.

Fiber glass..cheap and I've had the same ones since 2012 and I hunt more then your average Pirate. What I do like about them they flex... CF and wood do not..

As far as weight fairly close in but If your going to hunt for 8 hours on a open beach I would go with Carbon fiber, the few ounces can make a big difference...I hunt in the water 99% of the time.

Fiber glass..cheap and I've had the same ones since 2012 and I hunt more then your average Pirate. What I do like about them they flex... CF and wood do not..

As far as weight fairly close in but If your going to hunt for 8 hours on a open beach I would go with Carbon fiber, the few ounces can make a big difference...I hunt in the water 99% of the time.
Where are you getting your fiberglass handles from ?

Back
Top Bottom