$120.00 to Detect English Beaches?

I'd pay it! PLUS, I heard Camilla Parker Bolles is going to be serving lemonade to the MDers!

Yes, it's for an annual permit. There's also a two-week permit for 20 pounds. I wish they'd sell permits to detect the mall in Washington DC.

I was just updating the treasure news stories on my site and saw that Prince Charles wants to open up 50-miles of The Queen's beach that's never been hunted, for Sixy-Pounds a pop! :shock:

Not bad if that includes roundtrip airfare from philly international and 3 days and nights at a posh hotel nearby! :yes:

Otherwise... :no:

Not the current one!

Sounds totally worth it! Will your chopper make it that far, Terry?

My little one-seater will only give me about two-hours of flying time, so not quite enough. But I still buy that Powerball ticket every week! :lol:

Seriously, I see this a trend going forward. As the economies weaken, everybody will be looking to make a buck - including governments. It already costs $40 a year to hunt State-owned beaches in New York. The rest of the Country - and world can't be far behind! :shock:

I'd pay it! The land has been owned by them since 1337. You can well imagine what could be found on the beach? If I lived over there I would be more then happy to pay the fee. I'm sure there would be clause's that anything found that was of important historical value would have to be turned over but it would still be exciting to find it.

Hmmmm... Going to Europe in a month, that is interesting. But have not touched my detector, maybe the "warden" (my girlfriend) I could teach real fast. Could point and say "detect there." :)

Its all been hunted for years and is still be hunted so paying to go on isn't going to open up a treasure site.

It will all go nowhere as he's tight and whilst he would like more money to fritter away he would not want to pay any money to enforce his "regulations".

LOL ! Lostlegion beat me to it......

This stretch of beach will have been hunted by thousands of people over the years, purely because beaches are often seen as 'free game' to English MDers. There won't be any more finds to be made on this beach than anywhere else. I doubt very much he'll have many takers to be honest. Why waste the money when all the valuable historic stuff is found on the land in England, not the beaches.

RRPG

Back
Top Bottom