Met Ice Scratcher Pirate Today. He Didn't have to Walk the Plank!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Ice wanted to see what one of my playgrounds was like so I offered to take him. Went out on my boat with Kevin for a dive while he waded. I had a tank I left 700psi of air in and I can't have that so I used it first. One of my first good targets was the woman's 14K ring missing what I think was a pearl in the center.

Finished that tank off and grabbed a full one. Was able to scrounge up three more rings. The 14K mans Artcarved band, a unique silver ring with purple stone in the middle and the SS ring with a cross and the Lords Prayer etched into the spinner part. 9 quarters, 9 dimes, 4 nickels and 22 pennies were my clad finds. 8.71 grams of 14K goodness was a pretty good day.

Nice hunt. I'm hoping to meet up with Ice in August when I'm back in Michigan. Never been water hunting.

Alright, that's sweet. Good work Robert. I'll need to check out Ice Scratcher's post later.

I would say that was a great day!! Like that band!

you are having a good year,,,,,,,I know you mentioned what if you dove in Florida how much gold you could find,,,,,,,,that would be true for deeper spots in the bay where people do watersports and the bottom is hard but on the beeches, over the hill in diving range I do not think would produce,,,,,the sand gets softer the farther you get leaving the stuff buried,,,,,GL HH

Hey Bob,

That was a lot of fun getting together with you guys.. Still can believe how damn close that one boat got to you. :shock:

Although I took a skunker with you guys, I still got some gold from a new spot I tried on my way home... :D

Thanks for taking me out there, it was interesting to see you and Kevin, well to see two dive flags just slowly moving on the surface...

Congrats on the double 14K!!

<*)))>{

Hey Bob,

That was a lot of fun getting together with you guys.. Still can believe how damn close that one boat got to you. :shock:

Although I took a skunker with you guys, I still got some gold from a new spot I tried on my way home... :D

Thanks for taking me out there, it was interesting to see you and Kevin, well to see two dive flags just slowly moving on the surface...

<*)))>{

Had a good time it was great to meet you.
KC

Had a good time it was great to meet you.
KC

Good to meet you KC!

Its pretty cool meeting up with other pirates from here.. That place is a big scratch off ticket, some of them are winners.. There were plenty of valid targets to work on, SD picked two winning tickets.. A lot of metal came out of that place today!

<*)))>{

Hey Bob,

<*)))>{

Thanks Jim,

Great to meet you and hope a few more adventures are in order. I know the winner gets his coil over the target first, It was just my day. Glad you didn't go home empty handed!! Can't have that now.

AS I tell everyone on here. BOATERS have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what a dive flag is. In 4 - 5 foot of water you can become propeller bait. That is why I love the CZ-21. Silent so I can hear the stupid captains that know NOTHING.

Glad another pirate witnessed it so people on here will listen maybe. Divers, DON'T SKIMP on a dive flag and float. This boat came within 15' of me. Around a 24' Four Winns. Even if you are comfortable diving, you still have to deal with boat captains that know nothing.

Have fun and TRY to stay safe out there. The more boaters we can educate (OHHH yes, I gave him an earful) the safer we all will be.

Nice finds Bob. Sounds like you guys had fun together. I haven't dove in a long time, but if I get out your way, I'll dust off my equipment and fill my tanks....:yes: Years ago, while diving in the Finger Lakes, the Charter boat captains would even ignore our flags? It's a little scary to see large lures trolled right past you...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom