Silver trio puts me over 100 for the year!

daddydigger

Forum Supporter
Howdy diggers,

I met up with Brian (wxdirt), my local hunting partner, and we hit a 100-year old park at first light. 34 degrees and frost on the ground. I was pretty cold until the sun came up! We spent two hours hunting around the old ballfield and I was lucky to pull 3 silvers and 3 wheaties (plus some clad).

I had been there about 30 minutes and was surprised to be pulling memorial cents at 6 inches deep. To make it worse, they were ringing up as 12-45's on my e-trac! I got a 09-43 signal at 7 inches and thought it was a wheat penny. It turned out to be a very worn 1918 Mercury dime! Woo-hoo, number 100 for the year!

While we were driving to the park, Brian had asked me to call him over when I got my 100th so he could see it come out of the ground. When I found the merc, I called him over. He surprised me with some silly string and popped a confetti bomb to celebrate! I got it all on video so you will get to see it later this weekend.

Now, my new goal is to get 125 silvers this year! Here's some pics of today's keepers as well as a group photo. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0209_1.jpg
    IMG_0209_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 244
Great job! You've had a great year and hopefully will get a few more before winter sets in.

Woohoo!!!! Congrats! I'm -3 from 100, so we are in the same boat!

P.S. Nice spread of coins, too!

Congrats on a sweet haul of silver today! WTG on the 100 mark for the year! Im hoping to hit 50. :)

That 1918 merc looks exactly like the one I dug last night.
Mine too rang in like a wheat. It was really scratchy sounding too.

That 1907 half looks awesome!

Congrats!
G2M

So a new Goal?

Okay, I think that is very bold to go for 125. As you have found out today, it's getting cold outside. I don't want to quit hunting just because it's cold, but staying under those covers is so inviting.Then again, seeing you posting Silver everyday brings out the competitive side of me. I'm jealouse as well. You've had some great finds this year. Congrats on #100.

Back
Top Bottom