baseball field full of high tone large trash. What would u do?

sandpointguy

stopped by the baseball field.. A busy place. Many of the players were wearing rings.. Problem is.. It was built on top of the old city dump.. Detector keeps hitting high tome large trash. Any advice?

eek....

Bout the only thing I could do with my machine is turn on the iron audio, then start sweeping for the good targets amongst the trash targets.

Thats just kind of an all around bad place to dig. I would say look for gold rings, especially if your getting alot of high tones, but then I am sure there is a tone of aluminium out there too...

eek....

Bout the only thing I could do with my machine is turn on the iron audio, then start sweeping for the good targets amongst the trash targets.

Thats just kind of an all around bad place to dig. I would say look for gold rings, especially if your getting alot of high tones, but then I am sure there is a tone of aluminium out there too...

Sounds about right... Its a shame.. The place doubles as a soccer field also..gotta be good stuff there.. just try different things n see I guess.. Thankyou for the advice :)

Thats a good idea too...smaller coils do help, and the lower sensitivity..good call....if its a soccer field, I have had the most luck right on top of the lines designating the sidelines...I will usually walk on top of the line, then making small steps, make big swings at lest 2 feet on either side of the line...

Thats been where all the rings I have found have been sitting...

Thats a good idea too...smaller coils do help, and the lower sensitivity..good call....if its a soccer field, I have had the most luck right on top of the lines designating the sidelines...I will usually walk on top of the line, then making small steps, make big swings at lest 2 feet on either side of the line...

Thats been where all the rings I have found have been sitting...

That is sound advice also.. I have a feeling there just is no simple answer.. Just work through it.. Only go for targets that seem small.. It's put in the effort if I want the reward. And there has to be rewards there for sure. :)

I would consider doing one or the other, but not both until it is determined to be necessary.

A large coil w/SENS turned down will be looking at a larger area, but not as deep. Whereas with a smaller coil, you might want to crank the SENS up to get additional depth, but still suffer fewer targets missed from masking, as well as being more sensitive to smaller targets than the larger coil. If trash density proves it a necessity with the smaller coil, then turn it down.

Several great replies.. Thankyou guys :) The field is a VERY busy place.. Coed teams with a several games per week.. Two diamonds side by side. And soccer as well. Between the bugs and the constant deep trash signals the place drove me nuts lol.. Never seen anyone else detect there either.. I know with a system thats works and willingness to put in the effort good things wait.. The place is a detectorists nightmare..sitting atop an old dumpsite like that. Dad said he used to take car bodies there even. With all the rings i saw the players wearing.. I don' wanna eliminate any signal.. Use as a soccer field means sideline clad.. And yes.. Pulltabs. I will try low sensitivity/large coil.. Then smaller coil/reduce sensitivity if i have to.. Big place. Large coil would be nice if possible.

the local parks tend to have trash galore so i used my small coil and it works, it slowed down the coverage but id rather put in an extra few shifts and find stuff then put in an extra few shifts digging trash, i found the larger coils and notching out was better for iron trash and schools i tend to notch out the lower stuff and keep the large coil, i lose gold options for the first runs but then get the clad and can go over again after with only the gold numbers running and at least i reduced the stuff i find by a few dollars worth

Back
Top Bottom