Pulled a trifecta at the old farm house

goes4ever

Elite Member
Hunted an old farm house tonite and got a penny trifecta with 1851 large cent, 1904 Indian and 1919 wheat. Couple buffalo nickels with dates, a flat button and a neat old Chicago zoo pendant.

Attachments

• 4-21-17.jpg
    4-21-17.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 4-21 buffs.jpg
    4-21 buffs.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 4-21 trifecta.jpg
    4-21 trifecta.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 4-21 zoo.jpg
    4-21 zoo.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 329
That's one hell of a tough act to follow...especially a site like that. Outstanding hunting right there.
what do you mean a site like that?
I hunt farm houses prob about 80% of the time, they give up great finds!

Let see,,, Indians hunt buffalo,, Man put buffalo in zoo,, People paid large cent to see buffalo in zoo,, What a circle of life,, YOU FOUND ALL FOUR PARTS OF THE CIRCLE,,,,,:laughing:

what do you mean a site like that?
I hunt farm houses prob about 80% of the time, they give up great finds!

"A site like that" could also translate into "something I try to avoid". It's not because they don't give up nice finds for some, but I've had very measured success. Around here, the farmers from the late 1800s were poor immigrant French families who came here because the had no "potpourri", which loosely translated in IDX-speak means "no pot to piss in". Hell, they were lucky to find a nice tree to piss on. But further East with more established history, that's a different story. It takes much time and patience to root through a farm site and come away feeling good about it. I've only hunted 3 farms, but very heavily. While I have gotten 8-10 nicer coins between all 3, I'm just fortunate enough to have better producing places. The guys who can make farms "work" get my props, but it's not MY thing.

Cool beans, goes! How did you avoid a memorial cent? They are everywhere!
You'd a had a quad!

Wayne
Oh I dug a memorial but I would never count that. One time I had a flying eagle, large cent, indian and wheat, that was my one and only cent grand slam

Attachments

• 1st grand slam.JPG
    1st grand slam.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 117
"A site like that" could also translate into "something I try to avoid". It's not because they don't give up nice finds for some, but I've had very measured success. Around here, the farmers from the late 1800s were poor immigrant French families who came here because the had no "potpourri", which loosely translated in IDX-speak means "no pot to piss in". Hell, they were lucky to find a nice tree to piss on. But further East with more established history, that's a different story. It takes much time and patience to root through a farm site and come away feeling good about it. I've only hunted 3 farms, but very heavily. While I have gotten 8-10 nicer coins between all 3, I'm just fortunate enough to have better producing places. The guys who can make farms "work" get my props, but it's not MY thing.
I live in a heavy farm area of the midwest and if you want old finds you just hunt farms! they are the oldest properties in my area

Back
Top Bottom