A/V wiring

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Okay, so maybe some of you may know the answer to this. Okay, so I have my PS3 and XBOX 360 hooked up via HDMI to the inputs in my tv... then a digital audio out from the TV to my surround sound tuner. Because I don't have digital cable, all my normal TV sound is analog so it only comes through two speakers.... no biggie. When I turn on the XBOX 360, the digital audio going through the HDMI goes up to the TV, then down the digital cable to my tuner and the entire 5.1 system comes on, good to go. However, when my PS3 comes on, I'm only getting 2 speakers... which is a pain because this is what I watch movies on.

So I'm trying to figure out why the XBOX automatically switches to digial audio, whereas the PS3 is not. I have it set to send the audio through the HDMI cable, but not sure why it's not coming down to the tuner... :?::?::?:

Any ideas?

Only real solution I've come up with is to run an Optical Audio cable straight from the PS3 to the tuner???

It may be that the 360 and PS3 use different version of the hdmi, and your tuner supports only whatever version 360 uses. Just a thought.

Voriax

Since I am not a gamer, I have no clue how to help you... RickO

I'm guessing it could relate to maybe having a DVD player and a satellite TV hookup going HDMI to your TV as well... it just HAPPENS to be game systems.... I wonder if teh audio is somehow formatted differently from the PS3 though to make this happen... I mean, no biggie to get another cable, just a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom