920iX Hybrid is massive!

Great workout. Built like a tank. Love mine.

Very sturdy and real easy to carry while hunting, no problem at all. Out of the water, I just rest it over my left shoulder (basket to the rear) and swing with my other hand. I've found that's the best way for me because I've found that the Excal will pick it up as I swing towards the my carrying hand (if I'm holding it at waist level).

Cool thanks! How long did you have to wait for it?

I think it was just a few days to build it then a couple days to arrive. You will be amazed I promise. I'll be looking for your post when you get it :)

Did you get the hybrid?

I think it was just a few days to build it then a couple days to arrive. You will be amazed I promise. I'll be looking for your post when you get it :)

Did you get the hybrid?

Yep. I have an early Stealth classic 8 hybrid I have been using for 5 years now. I sent it back to Chuck a year or so ago and he beefed it up a bit for me.
Great scoops and great service.

Angle of scoop?

so if I understand you, my 720 is 20 degrees. if yours is straight out at 90, my scoop point must face towards the top of my handle. :?: I must have a 7120 scoop.:laughing:

I wrestled with this when I named the scoops.

In the engineering/design world, zero starts at 3 O'clock. So zero would have the handle parallel with the ground, 90 degrees is 12 noon which is correct for the 790i and 990iX. What i call the 720 should really be 110 degrees. Or it could be a 770i This would be complicated and confusing calling it a 7110 :lol:

Have I bored everyone? :p

Chuck

Last edited:
There are 2 reasons I went with the 720 over the 920. #1 is I'm old and #2 is that due to the size, you need a commercial drivers license to operate the 920 in Massachusetts :laughing:

I'm think I'm going to get a 720iX hybrid for the wife so we can hunt together.

I have got the 990ix and the 920ix with carbon fiber handles. I like the 990 better but use both. Very good scoops

I'm too old and mean to have to learn a new scoop angle @ this point. ;)
90 degree works for me without even looking where the coil is.

Mine will be here Monday. I'll post a pic of it this thread.

I'm too old and mean to have to learn a new scoop angle @ this point. ;)
90 degree works for me without even looking where the coil is.

Mine will be here Monday. I'll post a pic of it this thread.

Great news Jim, you will love it I am sure. I could have saved you shipping and brought it to you!

If you ever need to borrow a travel handle let me know. I have one in stock.

I prefer

A 20 degree angle, all hunter's preference :yes::D 1 920ix, 3 Stealths with the 20 degree in the handle , which were 90s .

Attachments

• P1000134.JPG
    P1000134.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 60
  • P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 60
I wrestled with this when I named the scoops.

In the engineering/design world, zero starts at 3 O'clock. So zero would have the handle parallel with the ground, 90 degrees is 12 noon which is correct for the 790i and 990iX. What i call the 720 should really be 110 degrees. Or it could be a 770i This would be complicated and confusing calling it a 7110 :lol:

Have I bored everyone? :p

Chuck

Not really kind of interesting, Thanks

Great news Jim, you will love it I am sure. I could have saved you shipping and brought it to you!

If you ever need to borrow a travel handle let me know. I have one in stock.

Scuba, I didn't know you made CF travel handles...do you have any pics?

Entire scoop/handle weighs in @ 4.1 pounds.
Incredible workmanship! I can't wait to use it. :wow: :cool:

990scoop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom