Some guys just give us a bad rap!

I sort of push back (in a friendly yet firm manner) when a Landowner/Park supervisor says that kind of stuff..."Somebody came in here and Fished/Detected/Hunted with no permission"...

So I say, "So here I am, asking, as a responsible guy, and you are going to deny ME access for somebody elses crime?" WTH is that all about? Then I take a big breath as they analyze this thought and proceed... "I'm Exactly the Guy you NEED out here to keep an eye on your place!" I dont stop there though, I just keep on pushing!

"You NEED me here to keep out the lawbreaking riffraff! Making sure your fences are good, and nobodies sneaking around in here! You cant keep an eye on your place all the time!" I'm handy to have around, respectful...etc...

Park managers and landowners see the logic here...I keep it sort of funny too..."Imagine if your Mom spanked you for everything your brother did!?" "Lemme give it a go at least....for an hour...just do me a favor, I'm a working Man just out looking for a place to hunt to get some exercise and get out of the house, and I aint rich enough to fly to Canada!... I sure would appreciate it and l owe you one!" Just gimme an hour so I can relax a bit..."

Folks generally grant a guys request for a favor.....we all need a favor now and again...everybody know this...Why are we to be punished for what somebody else did to them in the past? Makes No sense...It just takes a bit of time and conversation for a guy to get the feel of your cloth, so dont take the initial NO for a solid answer I guess...they wanna say 'Yes', you just got to give them the right reason..

Gotta watch out though, some Farmers will put you to work...or introduce you to their spinster daughter...:laughing: Its like damn! All I wanted to do was trap those muskrats out of the ditch running through your beanfield!:laughing:

Last edited:
You want some exercise huh son?

OK... I'll even pay you $2/hr, that's more than you'll find anyway...

<°)))>{

Right? Ya see, this is EXACTLY why I DONT ever ask permission anymore and just go hunt where I please! I'm a free ranger and Y'all can just KMA! Damn Farmers will having you do all sorts of stuff! Before you know it, you are hauling Mable off to a barn dance or a quilting bee!:laughing: Yeah, trespassing and being a total dick has merits...In the end, Its just flat out easier to be invisible...Let the other guy worry about it! I do enjoy the conversation though, and the logic employed accordingly...

A friend allows me to hunt his 400 acres in another state. We catch poachers/trespassers nearly every year. We get trail camera pictures every year.

My friend posts the property with new no trespassing signs every year. Plants food plots etc and cant keep the scum off his land.

Far too many People have no respect for the Property of Others It doesn't matter whether it is hunting, Fishing or metal detecting.

Far too many People have no respect for the Property of Others It doesn't matter whether it is hunting, Fishing or metal detecting.

Well folks. I THINK somebody figured out what the sign meant on another site.

I NEVER thought of it but it makes perfect sense!

No metal detecting in or around park ALLOWED. Somebody stole the "O", is a pretty good assumption.

Since I just have a screwdriver and I don't dig, I am still going to play stupid. I have been there 4 times and have never been bothered so I guess I will wait and see if I ever do get bothered.

I really would have never thought of that.

Another RIOT of a post Mud. I could even put the O back and steal the NO instead of paint over it.

I am sure they play their ball games on Wed so I will make sure I don't take the clad then!

Actually this park is huge and that is the only sign I have seen in the whole park. There are places to park where you would never see the sign. It is possibly in the city rules though. No clue here.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=245046

<°)))>{

I feel sorry for you Ice. All you can do is try to discredit me and attempt to cause contention with me and other members here.

You can't get over the fact that when the police came to the Detroit river, you tucked your skirt in and ran and I stood up for my rights. Sure I got three citations. ALL were dismissed by a judge.

I will take my chances at this park. I didn't take the "O" and I don't know for sure if it was really taken. They just might not want you detect on Wednesday because of ball games. Prove otherwise.

I feel sorry for you Ice. All you can do is try to discredit me and attempt to cause contention with me and other members here.

You can't get over the fact that when the police came to the Detroit river, you tucked your skirt in and ran and I stood up for my rights. Sure I got three citations. ALL were dismissed by a judge.

I will take my chances at this park. I didn't take the "O" and I don't know for sure if it was really taken. They just might not want you detect on Wednesday because of ball games. Prove otherwise.

Point made sharper...

Thanks SD!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom