Anti bark device

dglfi

Forum Supporter
I've got your typical dog vs neighbor problem. I can't leave her outside (he's already complained to the HOA once), and I can't leave her inside unattended cause she's still a puppy and puppies like to chew! I don't like the thought of using anti bark collars unless there's one that doesn't cause scabs. In my research I came across the Dog Silencer Pro and was wondering if anyone here uses it or knows of someone who does? Does it work? Here's what it looks like...
http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_Pro.htm

Any other ideas?

You need a crate (metal cage) to leave her in while you're gone. They sell all sizes for different dogs. We keep ours in the basement and on hot days our dog wants to go in his crate. If we're away for more than a couple hours we put him in the crate.

The other side of the fence

For years I have put up with my neighbors barking dogs:(
I could tolerate them in the winter with the windows closed and the sound of the furnace drowning them out. But in the summer I like to open a window and let a cool breeze in.

I had looked at the device you posted but was skeptical then I found this one with a lower price and a 60 day trial. http://pestcontrol.netfirms.com/dog_bark_stopper.htm
The first sleepless night this spring I got out of bed and ordered it, it was here in a few days. I couldn't wait to get it set up!

Under my bedroom window I set a 4''X4''X4' post mounted the device to it then cut a hole in an old plastic trash can and turned it upside down over the device to protect it from the weather and disguise it.
While I was setting it up the dogs would come up to me barking like crazy then put their heads down and run to the other side of their house they did this about a half dozen times and learned to stay away. Over the next few days when I would step out my back door they would run up and bark bark turn around and go away they now just ignore me when I go out side.

They have a plenty big fenced yard to run in and still bark at passer byes on the opposite side of my place but I can tolerate that.

Either device will probably work as good as the one I bought it has no remote control but is sound activated and doesn't come with an AC adapter I use the one that goes to my cordless screwdriver.

Peacefully Sleeping in SD

Back
Top Bottom