Resignation

Rudy

Admin
RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I
would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk
with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends
on a hot summer’s day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors,
multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because
you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to
be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make
you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little
things again.

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork,
depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in
the bank, doctor bills, fuel prices, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace,
dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So, here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements.
I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........

"Tag! You're it!"

What a great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm printing it right now (with credits to you of course) and mounting it on my wall.

I retired in Jan 08 from a high pressure, highly technical, 30+ year career. My success and survival came from many of the axioms that you've so clearly stated in your post. I wish I had written it!!!!!

My wife told me to "retire and play golf"...she already knew I had the psyche of an eight year old.

Thanks again.....

Ive always wanted to be a kid.
Never had the chance though but it working on it as im retired now.

Thanks for sharing this with us Rudy!

Mike

Rudy,

Fortunately you don't have to stop being an adult to have those things. Just allow the kid in you to come out. Stop worrying about what someone else will think. You are never too old to believe in the innocence of youth. You just have to look at the positive side of life. Such as, the glass being half full instead of half empty. Over time our experiences cause us to become "jaded". The sky is still blue, there are still good people in the world and being around children makes you feel young at heart. We place most of the burdens you mention on ourselves, so only we can remove them. Next time someone tells you to "go fly a kite", do it!! Enjoy life!!!!:yes:

Rudy,

Fortunately you don't have to stop being an adult to have those things. Just allow the kid in you to come out. Stop worrying about what someone else will think. You are never too old to believe in the innocence of youth. You just have to look at the positive side of life. Such as, the glass being half full instead of half empty. Over time our experiences cause us to become "jaded". The sky is still blue, there are still good people in the world and being around children makes you feel young at heart. We place most of the burdens you mention on ourselves, so only we can remove them. Next time someone tells you to "go fly a kite", do it!! Enjoy life!!!!:yes:

Good words Rich. Glad you are able to think of McDonald's as a ★★★★ restaurant. ;)

Nice post Rudy... I never stopped living the simple life........... I think that's why my wife is always pissed at me.. I never grew up :)

Nice post Rudy... I never stopped living the simple life........... I think that's why my wife is always pissed at me.. I never grew up :)

Thanks Craig. Glad you like sleeping on the couch .... kind of
like camping isn't it? :lol:

Thanks Rudy!!

When I retired about 18 months ago and took up this hobby my wife says I act like a ten year old, and she means it in a GODD way!:D

That reminds of a time a co-worker and myself were enjoying life and older (old-bag) woman stuck her head out of the office and told us we should grow up. I told her if that meant being like her forget it:lol:

I agree... you are as young as your mental state.... many people do not believe me when they find out my age.... I laugh, play jokes, have fun, stay active.... age is a matter of mind... if you don't mind,... it don't matter..... RickO

Back
Top Bottom