Metal Detecting Clubs...

Con

Just wondering How many Out here Belong to Metal Detecting Club ? In my home Town I Joined " The Sun Parlour Treasure Seekers " Club and I also Belong to another Club Thats a hour drive From my Home , " Chatham Kent Metal Detecting Club " ( here's my Clubs web site www.ckmetaldetecting.com ) Both Clubs are Awesome and have Great group outtings !
What club Do you Belong too ??

great question, i am currently researching what it takes to start a club here in south Jackson/ north Cass county. i had just asked the fellow members if they knew of any here, and it was suggested, by a ex-steamed member, that i should start one. talked to my wife about the post and before i could finish what i was saying, she suggested the same!
as of now, i do not belong to any, but may soon belong to my own!

We are currently working on getting a club started in our area in Pa.. There are currently 8 members in our newly formed club and we have informal meetings once a month at my house. I also belong to a larger club where there is the formal meeting but seems in these larger clubs there are those who don't really want to share there "trade secrets". The reason I joined a club was to try to learn from experienced detectorists but it seems that isn't really going to happen in the club I joined. In our informal club, we trade information and discuss anything and everything and hopefully will continue to be such a club.

I found the site for Minnesota. Its in the city of Minneapolis. Don't like to drive in the city's. So Im stuck in Wright County.

Every club is different. Back in the 80's, I was the President of our local club for six years and did the newsletter for eight. We had a great club for the most part. There were two members that ruined it for everyone. It finally got to the point where everyone quit and started a new club without them, with new rules about who could join. It was just a safeguard, so to speak. We had a couple of members from a large club in a nearby town. They wanted me to join it too. After driving over fifty miles and paying a twenty-five dollar membership fee, I found out the first night that they weren't interested in helping new members. One actually stood up and said that they needed their money, but not the members. Needless to say, I never went back. It may have hurt them though, because Wichita is the largest city in Kansas. When people asked me what I thought about the other club, I gave them my honest opinion. Clubs are what you make them. You can't expect a couple of the members to do everything. They will resent it before long. As long as everyone does their part, and remember that they are there for the fellowship, it will be a success. Clubs often can get permission to hunt sites where a person alone can't.

We are currently working on getting a club started in our area in Pa.. There are currently 8 members in our newly formed club and we have informal meetings once a month at my house. I also belong to a larger club where there is the formal meeting but seems in these larger clubs there are those who don't really want to share there "trade secrets". The reason I joined a club was to try to learn from experienced detectorists but it seems that isn't really going to happen in the club I joined. In our informal club, we trade information and discuss anything and everything and hopefully will continue to be such a club.

Where 'bouts in PA are you from? There's a good club down in the Lancaster area. They came up to our community college a few years back and had a great class. Curt

I had the same problems with my Amateur Radio "HAM RADIO" club. I eventually quit after many years of issues with rude members. I have not joined a local MD club primarily because there really isn't one local, I would have to drive 25 miles each way to go to meetings and all their activities are further along with the majority of the members live further away from me as well. I will just MD with the friends I am making here on the Forum and the heck with the clubs.

That's my take on it.

i looked for a local one here but couldn't find one, so I formed "the ITCH" (Illinois Treasure & Coin Hunters) and Kreyson was my first member to join, since then I have recruited about 8 other members.

We have a very nice and friendly bunch of people in our club here in the Aiken SC Augusta Ga. area. We try to do things together but as todays lifestyles would have it, it is tough. We hunt a lot as 2 or 3 or 5 or 6. Who ever wants to come not unless where ever we are hunting has a restriction on the number there, homeowner or private property. Here's our web site that has been up for a month or so. Now what we don't do is if you are a problem you gotta go if you cannot learn a little edicate so to speak. As said down south "we ain't got time for that crap" http://csrametaldetecting.webs.com/

I too would like to find a club in my area. I don't think there is one but not 100 percent sure.:?: Actually, I would be happy just to find and make friends to go hunting with. I do think a club could get access to places an individual cannot. Hollowleg.

My name is Gabe, and I am 16 years old and the current Club President of:
SMARTS - Smokey Mtn. Artifacts Research and Treasure Society.

We meet in Knoxville, Tennessee at a buffet called The Great American Steakhouse and Buffet. Each meeting is on the 2nd Monday of every month, at 6 P.M. if you want to eat, and the meeting will officially start at 7 P.M.

We have anywhere from 25-40 people per meeting. There is quite a bit a diversity, too. Some guys hunt for CW relics, others Dredge for gold, some coinshoot, some are into point hunting (arrowheads) and the list goes on.

The membership fee for a single individual is $20; family is $25

We have what is called the "finds of the month". This is where our members can enter their finds ,that they have recovered since the last meeting, for a chance to win $5 if their item is chosen as the best all around by 3 chosen judges. We have several categories such as: Coins, Relic, Civil War, Tokens, This and That ( which is for any sort of treasure that doesnt fit in a basic category. It is nonpaying.) and 1 or 2 others.

We also hold raffles for coins, books, and anything that is donated also. We charge $1 per ticket.

The club has two hunts per year. They are both seeded hunts. The spring hunt, which is members only, is the bigger one. The fall hunt is open to everyone, so it isn't as big as far as prizes and what not.

We have members who drive from from a few hours away, on a relatively regular basis.

Overall, it is a GREAT club.

Thanks for looking,
Gabe

FREE CLUB DECALS
For the clubs both starting and already going I have nice outdoor vinyl stickers 6-7 year, I will offer any club president the first 10 decals free no obligation to buy anymore, to get you started.

If you have the art work great if not I could probably design something quick for you.

Anyone interested just drop me a email [email protected] and refer to this thread.

And didnt mean to high jack it but looking forward to helping you folks get started and you may even graduate to my shirts one day...

USA Metal Detecting Directory

I put together a USA metal detecting directory a couple of weeks ago using several different resources that I found. I also included a few other tips and resources in the page, including an infographic about gold.

If you guys have any other suggestions of how to make it better, send me an email at [email protected]

I found the site for Minnesota. Its in the city of Minneapolis. Don't like to drive in the city's. So Im stuck in Wright County.

Well, technically, it's not Minneapolis, so dont let that scare you. If you take 94 and follow it as it turns into 694, it actually skirts the north side of the cities and not for too far.

We would love for you to join us sometime!

Massachuetts Treasure Hunters Association

We meet at newton highlands every third friday of the month, starts at 8pm with food and relics contests

http://www.masstreasure.com/

Guests are free, membership is $45 but theres plenty of silver to be won with the raffles and relics contests, there are about 20-30 there each month and have plenty of experience on land and water hunting.

They also have a yearly club hunt

Back
Top Bottom