Familiar... but what is it?

emdees

Forum Supporter
This thing on the left looks familiar to us, but what is it? :?:

Attachments

• what is this.jpg
    what is this.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 390
I think it's the (bottom) tip of a cane. (although, it's kinda tiny for that)
Definitely a protective tip for something, tho'. (ohh... thanks for stickin' a penny in there)
Very kewl dig, Emdees...!

Last edited:
I don't think it's from a bolo tie because of the hole on the side....
If that hole is threaded I would say a set screw went in there to hold it on to something....
Like maybe the top of a lamp shade.....

I don't think it's from a bolo tie because of the hole on the side....
If that hole is threaded I would say a set screw went in there to hold it on to something....
Like maybe the top of a lamp shade.....

It's not threaded... hmmmm...

It looks too "substantial" (thick) to be a bolo tie end, to me. If it weren't so long, I'd guess it was a male that "clicked" into a female and allowed for a pivot.

It looks too "substantial" (thick) to be a bolo tie end, to me. If it weren't so long, I'd guess it was a male that "clicked" into a female and allowed for a pivot.

Huck... I think you mean a female the allows for a male to click into it...

The male would have a little ball on the side and fit in that hole....

Huck... I think you mean a female the allows for a male to click into it...

The male would have a little ball on the side and fit in that hole....

No, I'm thinking more like a greese zerk, but not. I can't remember the application but I've seen little things like that where the ball shaped end snaps into a female-type grip, not unlike a ball and socket type set up. I'm racking my brain but I can't think of where I've seen that before. My son has lots of action figures whose limbs (arms, legs) snap into the torso that way. I've seen it on shop tools also, but again, I'm drawing a blank.

Edited to add: My mind is recalling something like that with a stick of some kind in the big opening on the bottom, while the ball end is snapped into a female area in the center of a large plate or disc-shaped thing which moves around in an orbit, almost like spinning a plate on a stick like you see some jugglers do. A tool of some kind, or something in a car. I think I've seen similar devices on the end of a cable that is moved fore and aft from a distance. Like you'd find on a carburator.

Now I'm just rambling. I'll sleep on it.

Back
Top Bottom