Plastic Containers for Silver Bars

Mike1961

Elite Member
Does anyone know where I can find hard plastic containers for 1 gram silver bars? I’ve checked all my usual sources but can’t find them anywhere. I’m sure they are available, have even seen photos and links to them but the links always turn out to be dead ends.

Are you talking about a holder for each one, or a plastic container for storing multiples of them?

Hey, leme know where you can get them cheap, people on the internet want about $3 for a one gram bar, which is ridiculous, considering one bar is only worth $1.03 as of today's spot price.

Are you talking about a holder for each one, or a plastic container for storing multiples of them?

Hey, leme know where you can get them cheap, people on the internet want about $3 for a one gram bar, which is ridiculous, considering one bar is only worth $1.03 as of today's spot price.

Yes, for each one. If I find them I'll let you know.

How big is a one gram bar? I've got a couple of 1 ounce bars, and not particularly large.

Post some reference photos, or dimensions of the bars, and I'll take a look around. I frequent several surplus sites, mostly electronics parts, usually some small, plastic containers. Really don't know a lot about metals, but one gram seems very small, got me curious.

* Found a website
http://www.badgemint.com/products.asp?dlb_id=97

Have 100 cases for $19, plus shipping (from China, I think). Not sure if you want to go there, but 19 cents is a lot better than $3.00, might be worth a look.

Last edited:
That's what I'm looking for Harvey thanks. Not only that but Badge-a-Mint is just down the road from me about 40 miles. We go to LaSalle usually at least once a month and I might be able to just stop there and pick some up. Thanks again.

I just realized that is not Badge-a-Mint in LaSalle, but a company with a similiar name. Still, might order a few.

That's what I'm looking for Harvey thanks. Not only that but Badge-a-Mint is just down the road from me about 40 miles. We go to LaSalle usually at least once a month and I might be able to just stop there and pick some up. Thanks again.

I just realized that is not Badge-a-Mint in LaSalle, but a company with a similiar name. Still, might order a few.

Never know these days, might be connected in some way... I looked, but couldn't find a location anywhere on that site. I very rarely do business with overseas companies, and would be a little cautious with this one, small order, protected payment option, minimal loss. I don't think the business is a scam, and probably will do you right, but worry about what employees might do on the side.

Might stop off at that other place anyway, might get a similar deal there as well. Could be more similar, than just the name. Those one gram bars, seem like sort of a collector thing, with a huge variety of designs from all over the world. If they make them, they probably have thousands of cases sitting around. They make you happy, you'll be back, and tell all your friends...

I'm not too sure I want to do business with them either, but may not find another source for these. I'm careful whenever I do business online no matter what or where the company. Generally I use a reloadable Walmart debit card or a Visa gift card. These will not prevent you from being ripped off but will control the damage.

Somewhere online though is another source for these.

Back
Top Bottom