A Gold and Silver day...

MiTreasureHunter

Tried the big lake Saturday morning...haaa...NO WAY! Looked like the Bering Sea on a bad day. So called a buddy and set off to discover some new inlake lakes. Drove to a good 5 lakes before finding one that had a swimming area. The lake bed was a nightware...very hard packed rocks and tons of iron. I was running the 8.5X11DD coil...but I should have been running the 5X8DD coil. Digging was like scraping concrete on the lake bed. Never the less I worked real hard and first target was a clad dime. Second target was another dime...BUT...to my JOY it was a 1945 Mercury dime. This was a first, I hardly ever land hunt and have Never found a silver coin...so I was extremely thrilled! I cherry picked a few more clad coins and then got a jumpy signal in the 50's. The trash all around it was making it really hard to get a good hit on it. When I finally got it in the scoop I was very suprised to see a small 10K gold ring in the scoop full of rocks. All in all a good day in my book. I need to put the smaller coil on the AT-Pro and go hit that lake again...I'm sure there is more hidden in all the trash.

The Finds of the day...less the trash.
DSC02249.jpg

The best of it...
DSC02250.jpg

Every little bit adds up...
Untitled.jpg

Great job! :cool:

I'm in a gold slump, scooped a pile of clad, 4 rings 1 of them 925 and many ear rings this weekend and no gold. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom