Should i bring my metal detector?

MalitaMD

Im am going to my lake house tommorow, the beach is small and my metal detectior isnt fully waterproof....should i bring my metal detector? or should i just leave it at home? :?:

if there is an area where people sunbath I would definately take it, you may want to stay in the sand where there will be no threat of getting your machine wet....HH

I would take it, You never know till you give it a try. The area doesn't have to big to produce some good finds.

Definitely take it but super glue it to your hand so that you don't drop it in the water and if you don't find anything use nail polish remover to remove the super glue and throw it in the water. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanx for the advice guys!!! i will bring it! and also the lake is called Clearlake, sorry i forgot to post that earlier. HH! :grin:

Thanx for the advice guys!!! i will bring it! and also the lake is called Clearlake, sorry i forgot to post that earlier. HH! :grin:

You should let me get in there first, you know just to make sure its safe and all.

Of course you bring your MD with you silly. Why would you want to leave it at home? Let's just say you had a laps of memory, and we'll call it even, okay??

Now, if you're a right handed sweeper, be sure to have the lake facing across your left side. So when you set you MD down, you're not dropping it into water, like I tried to do last week. I did catch myself in time, but it was a scary moment.

Just start near the waters edge and move along the waters edge of the beach. then turn and head back, moving away from the water with each trip. The loop should be waterproof, but the machine isn't. Also, don't pick the loop straight up if you do dip it in water, because water can rush into your machine through the handle.

HH&GL

Clearlake Ca. The Clearlake post office opened in 1923. Clearlake changed its name to Clearlake Park in 1937, and changed it back in 1980 when Clearlake became incorporated.

The first inhabitants of Clearlake were the Pomo Indians who gave the name to many of the areas features including Mount Konocti. The Pomo suffered mistreatment at the hands of Spanish and European settlers which resulted in a massive wave of deaths. The result of this was massive amounts of land freed up for the white settlers who arrived during the gold rush,

wikipedia is my friend

I say if you don't take it. You should be kicked off the forum! Sometimes the smallest little beaches get hunted the least and provide fine hunting!
HH phil

Clearlake Ca. The Clearlake post office opened in 1923. Clearlake changed its name to Clearlake Park in 1937, and changed it back in 1980 when Clearlake became incorporated.

The first inhabitants of Clearlake were the Pomo Indians who gave the name to many of the areas features including Mount Konocti. The Pomo suffered mistreatment at the hands of Spanish and European settlers which resulted in a massive wave of deaths. The result of this was massive amounts of land freed up for the white settlers who arrived during the gold rush,

wikipedia is my friend

Lol nice! Thanx for the info! i didnt know how old clearlake really was! i have a few arrow heads from the indians, and they are very special to me! since mount konocti erupted there is alot of obsidian, and i have way more than i need of that! :lol: thanx again and HH!

I say if you don't take it. You should be kicked off the forum! Sometimes the smallest little beaches get hunted the least and provide fine hunting!
HH phil[/QUO

KICKED OFF THE FORUM.......that's a bit harsh don't ya think....everyone has an off day now and then....:laughing:....but yes take it...just in case there's some secret society on here that would kick you off.....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom