FC Late Afternoon MidTide Outgoing 8-9-12 2.5 Hours Silver

Bigpoppa

Forum Supporter
Hit the beach with the family late afternoon today..After a couple of hours, the tide went out about half way, giving me enough room to detect between the masses..I worked the mid tide lane into the baby surf and weaved it back and forth as the tide kept going out..
I think I'm starting to like this wet sand hunting again :yes:
The targets today were really steady in spots and I would have stayed till dark if I didn't have the family more than ready to go home..

It was a fun hunt today as the sun stayed in most of the afternoon and the people that stopped me to ask questions were all pretty cool today..:D
I even got offered a beer from a young guy who stopped me, that owned a detector from Scranton..
Saw three other hunters wandering about today and I did manage to wave to one of them :shock:

No gold rings, but the jewelry count keeps rising, even if it is mostly junk, so that's a positive note..Did manage the silver hoop earring today..

Totals for the day:

$3.83 in Clad

1- Silver Hoop Earring Stamped .925

1- 1940 Wheatie Penny clean as a whistle :yes:

1- Large Tablespoon for my ever growing table setting :)

A couple of junkers and a hair clip

A minute amount of trash-what a pleasure !! :cool:

Good Luck & HH to you all !!

Next two days are calling for some bad storms, so might have to hunker down till Sunday or Monday :(

8-9-121Hunt.jpg

8-9-12Hunt.jpg

Wow, only one bottle cap! It sounds like your "encounters" were pretty good. I had my first unusual one today. I was hunting no less than 15 minutes today and a guy walks up (or more like intercepts my path). He actually asked if he could follow me along as I hunt. I said "well, I'm getting ready to head up to the dry sand...." and he followed me. I gridded back and forth really slowly; pulled some bottle caps and pull tabs and he got bored and moved off.

Good job BP... I saw this thread last night but my typing hand was still was sore from being attacked by yellow jackets at work. :roll:

I like that ratio of treasure to trash...one bottle cap, one bobby pin. That's a ratio I can live with! Great hunt :waytogo:

congrats on the silver,,,,sounds like a great day, family and goodies! keep swinging and you will end up will yellow in the scoop!

Nice going on the silver B.P.
I bet today would be a good day to hit it.
Rain showers = no people.

Nice going on the silver B.P.
I bet today would be a good day to hit it.
Rain showers = no people.

It is bright and sunny now and an hour ago it was thunder/lightning and raining so hard you could have washed your clothes :)

I think that was the beginning wave..

I'm gonna wait and see what tomorrow looks like..The body needs a rest anyways :laughing:

It is bright and sunny now and an hour ago it was thunder/lightning and raining so hard you could have washed your clothes :)

I think that was the beginning wave..

I'm gonna wait and see what tomorrow looks like..The body needs a rest anyways :laughing:

Maybe one day next week we can hit AREA 57 ,or I could take a ride down
your way and we can see what kind of trouble we can get into!!!:laughing::laughing: I won't get us locked up I promise!!!:laughing::laughing:

Nice hunt... Please leave the silverware for me, I will be in your neck of the woods in about a week and need just a few more pieces for a complete 8 person service... just in time for Christmas...:laughing:

Be safe...
SSC:p

Nice hunt... Please leave the silverware for me, I will be in your neck of the woods in about a week and need just a few more pieces for a complete 8 person service... just in time for Christmas...:laughing:

Be safe...
SSC:p

I think I should easily be able to complete your set...My wife now wants a pantry to hold all of this extra silverware that is piling up :tissue:

Please tell me you are also starting a bottlecap collection or bait and tackle store, cause I think I can fill those needs too :p

:jester: :woohoo: :juggle: :cheers:

Bottle caps no, but I thought we already discussed the tackle shop. It was going to be a tackle / bar / detecting shop all rolled into one. Once we expand, will start doing my pull tab artwork and clothing line...:laughing:

B.S. Tackle, Spirits, and Finds
Has a catchy ring to it, don't you think???

Attachments

• 2134218424_b940257ccd.jpg
    2134218424_b940257ccd.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 397
  • pop-lamp.jpg
    pop-lamp.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 192
Bottle caps no, but I thought we already discussed the tackle shop. It was going to be a tackle / bar / detecting shop all rolled into one. Once we expand, will start doing my pull tab artwork and clothing line...:laughing:

Ohhh :cool: :cool: :cool: I LOVE IT !!! :wow:

I don't know what else to say, but let's go ....

:heartylaugh: :gettinmoney: :urock:

SEE THRU!!! :woohoo: Another find hunt BP! ;)

Back
Top Bottom