• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So close I can almost feel it

Briman05

Elite Member
Last night a hunted for about 2 hours and came home with 2.59 and with that it pushed me above 90 for the year. I have less then $9 left to get the $100 for the year mark:yes:. And most of my clad has come since May. I think I had like 5 or 6 bucks as of the beginning of May. So considering it is the beginning of August I should be well above the $100 mark. Maybe I can triple my total from last year which was like $42.00.:D

I don't really use much gas cause I live in the town that I hunt at but all my clad has gone into a jug for a house

Doubt that I will make it to $100 this year. I started in January and the clad is coming in just havent hit the motherload yet. For my first year Im happy. The gold and silver help.

You guys need to hit the beaches. I regularly come home with 3-5 bucks and have come home with once a $50 and once 2 $20s. Yesterday I found 5 1 dollar bills right after the cop stopped me and asked if I found anything good. I had maybe a dollar and a cheap ring when he stopped by

Yeah there has been times were I have found 5 and 6 bucks at the beach.
i have never found a dollar bill a dollar coin or a half yet. One time I found over 4 bucks in a small area some say its a pocket spill but I think it was a purse spill. In that spill I found a 1942 P nickel. Durning the summer if you have a beach by you that is the place to hunt. Luck for me it is just 3 blocks down the street

Sad thing is that here in Mad town. I know of at least 6 guys running the beaches and that does not count my friend and I. One or two of them are on here but one of them for sure Ive never seen a post from. Beaches are hard to do around this city even with 5 lakes in the chain. Most beaches are on Mendota and Monona and we cant hit the state park beaches so those two or three are out. Wish I lived on the coast someplace. :)

First purchase I ever made with my found clad was a cold beer on the way home from a hunt. Best beer I ever had! Cheers everybody :beer:

The past few nights i have gone out I have seen someone with a detector 2 of the guys I knew but there are a bunch of people coming to my town and detecting I saw one guy golf swinging on the beach with his detector and he was pretty much running down the beach so I'm pretty sure he isn't finding much. I was driving to my wife's sisters house yesterday and saw a guy detecting in front of a church 2 streets over from my house. I don't know if he got permission from the church but they are all over my town

Yeah there has been times were I have found 5 and 6 bucks at the beach.
i have never found a dollar bill a dollar coin or a half yet. One time I found over 4 bucks in a small area some say its a pocket spill but I think it was a purse spill. In that spill I found a 1942 P nickel. Durning the summer if you have a beach by you that is the place to hunt. Luck for me it is just 3 blocks down the street

Briman -- do you have "snakes" on the beach that steal peoples belongings? I have found a bunch of change in pile on top of the sand where they grab the purse, take the cell and the bills and dump the rest and run.

what you are close to is that gold ring! great clad count and I see 2 silvers on your signature so I assume there is gold where you are digging! HH and keep at it!

Drysand

Last night a hunted for about 2 hours and came home with 2.59 and with that it pushed me above 90 for the year. I have less then $9 left to get the $100 for the year mark:yes:. And most of my clad has come since May. I think I had like 5 or 6 bucks as of the beginning of May. So considering it is the beginning of August I should be well above the $100 mark. Maybe I can triple my total from last year which was like $42.00.:D

NICE!! :yes: I can't wait to cash my in Sept...in the month of June and July and now, I got $110-120! I am giving that beach a beat down every other day! ;) Guys who hunt that beach always wonder why they aren't finding much! HELLO!!!!!!!!! :lol: :laughing:

See I go out and there is already some people with detectors down at the beach I hunt. On the weekends it is worse because you have more people with detectors and more Jersey Shore cast wanna be's. I have only ever hunted there so I hate when I see abunch of people with detectors who are from out of state hunting. And they are usually the worst ones leaving holes and wont stop to say hi. If I see someone with a detector I usually go and say hi introduce myself and ask if they are getting anything. Some just continue to walk by like they wont waste there time on you

See I go out and there is already some people with detectors down at the beach I hunt. On the weekends it is worse because you have more people with detectors and more Jersey Shore cast wanna be's. I have only ever hunted there so I hate when I see abunch of people with detectors who are from out of state hunting. And they are usually the worst ones leaving holes and wont stop to say hi. If I see someone with a detector I usually go and say hi introduce myself and ask if they are getting anything. Some just continue to walk by like they wont waste there time on you

Briman in my two years at this ,I only met two other gentlemen with detectors
who wanted to fancy a chat.

Most don't stop to chat,andI don't give a hoot!:laughing:

Now most of the folks with out detectors I find to be very pleasant they always stop and say hello and ask the usually questions.

Your clad is good. You'll make it over the $100 mark! lol
I always say hi to other's detecting. Some are very nice and some are what I call distant! lol... No worries....there is plenty for everyone. I just wished some of the guys would fill their holes back up myself...and it dosen't hurt to pick up the pull tabs and bottle caps...I do....

Back
Top Bottom