x35 11" on my Deus tips

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I just got my new x35 11" coil for my Deus. I haven't done anything more than turn it on. Seems to be a bit more chatty using my default tot lot program. Could just be more prone to EMI because around mt house is bad. Any tips I should know about?

Going to give it the side by side with my Equinox 800. Which is the better gold machine do you think?

I was sent a 9” x35 coil and i did use do some. Courtesy of Calabash.
Remember I already had both previous released Hf coils.

Only benefits really with x35 coil is being able to run lower freq and run this lower freq at tax lower level 2. Unlike the older LF coils. Imo coil is nothing but a sham. Why? Well, why didn’t Xp do an update so older Lf coils could be run at 4khz with TX power set to level 2.

The other difference is being able to run ID normalized on the X35 coil vs the older Hf coils.

I hope you enjoy your coil.

hi,

I don't have the 11" X35. I do have the 9" X35, original 9" LF and the 9" HF that I use on my Deus and the X35 and HF I use on my ORX.

Personally, I really like the X35 coil so far. I like the extra higher frequency, ID normalization and stability in hot ground. It is just as deep as the original LF 9" but without some of the chatter that I usually get if I try to push the LF coil up to 95 sensitivity.

So, as Gary Blackwell has said several times, the X35 is not meant to be in competition with the other coils. It is just an updated LF coil. I can run the X35 at more frequencies, use TX boost, get more stable numerical target IDs, in my bad dirt especially on the ORX it ground balances very quickly and it tells me with a bit of chatter that I should ground balance again even when the phase numbers are only 2 or 3 numbers difference, and I can run it at higher sensitivity than the LF coil and it will still remain very stable.

Most of all for me in my moderate to high mineralized dirt I can run the X35 at 17.2 or 17.7 and know that if the mineralization is overwhelming the coil I have an even smaller bandwidth frequency to use if needed=27.5 kHz. With the LF coil I always had to run it at the top end of its capability and push it sensitivity wise too=18 kHz even though the LF coil seems to me to be more stable in milder ground in the 12 to 14 kHz range. Hope that makes sense....

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom