A Heartstopper & silvers 77 thru 82

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
[/ATTACH]View attachment 455030

View attachment 455031

View attachment 455032

View attachment 455033

View attachment 455034

001 (2).jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I've had a pretty good run lately, shiny on just about every hunt lately, with wheats and other goodies. So a week or so back I noticed the boro had cut a small apron type curbstrip, less than a 5 min. walk from my house and although I have hit this place 4 or 5 times in the past, it gave up silver, Buffs, wheats and a ton of clad. It seems every time I go back I find more, and this time the grass was tight. I got a few more wheats almost 2 bucks in clad, a great seal button, a small ring that rang up like silver but has no markings. A really cool miniature pistol and when I got a 19-20 shallow I thought a zincoln. Now I'll dig those just in the hope a better signal lies beneath or close by. In the roots I pushed out the target and had this big sparkly staring back at me. WHAAAT- PAYDAY. I did try to hunt some more but after 15 min. or so I headed home to clean it up. FUGAZI-BAZINGA- Son of a buck rub. It sure looked good. Maybe next time. Thanksgiving, a quick hunt before dinner at the 1847 LC site gave up a clad half and a few Wheaties and a Chuck E Cheese token, almost 2 bucks in clad. By the way I gave the LC to the owner as a good will gesture in for his hospitality. Back a few days later the site gave up a little clad, a 37 Merc, # 77 4 more Wheaties and the surprise that day was a shallow 23- dropping to 21-20. Zincoln for sure, nope, out came a 1905 Ihp. ThatView attachment 455030 the Merc and wheats made my day.

# 78 Came back at my almost new 1903-04 permission, a 54 Rosie in the roots of the grass took me by surprise with a loud 25-26. Had I had a couple silvers in the bag I may have passed on that signal. A few wheats, very little clad and Buff # 40 fty002.jpg ended that short jaunt. I have only been hunting a couple-few hours at a time lately. Ok trying to insert pics in order with story, bear with me.

My return trip to the 1903-04 site gave up a war nickel, # 79[/ATTACH] and a stork pin, although marked sterling, you can see the plating flaking off. A 10 cent play coin had me thinking trime for just a little bit.
Saturday last I stopped by small postage stamp front yard, the lady told me a while ago I could detect it but forgot till I drove by that day. Glad I did, not earth shattering but it did give up .38 in clad and silver # 80, a 46 Rosie. After,[/ATTACH] I headed over to the 1847 site, dug a couple more bucks in clad a few wheats and a gold pin. Gold filled anyhow. No hospital round here with that name, some one visiting must have lost it. Long day, about 7 hrs. + for me but a good hunt.

Sunday went back to 1903 place, did about 5-6 hrs. dug 8 more Wheaties and a 52 Rosie also a 41 Merc which brought me to 82 fty. Also dug, probably my best button, a gold gilded, looks to be Victorian. Today, temps in the high 20s/ w 15-20 mph I winds I lasted only 2 hrs, but after reading other posts of braving the cold I decided to give it a go. No shiny but I did dig 9 more wheats. That puts me to 400 fty, which is where I wanted to be in that category. The highlight was a 3 wheatie spill, one a rusted 43 Pretty certain, it was with 2 45s 7+ in down. Also a Buff, # 41 fty, my goal was to dig a roll of Buffs before years end. For those that don't know , the Buff at one time was my white whale. It took me a year and a half to find my first one. So happy with that. Also today dug a couple lead soldiers and a cool old wrecker. Trying to get out as much as possible and hope to add to the shiny before the ball drops or ground locks up. If you got this far, thanks for looking in. HH Mark

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 339
aw shttttt

[/ATTACH]View attachment 455030

View attachment 455031

View attachment 455032

View attachment 455033

View attachment 455034

View attachment 455040[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I've had a pretty good run lately, shiny on just about every hunt lately, with wheats and other goodies. So a week or so back I noticed the boro had cut a small apron type curbstrip, less than a 5 min. walk from my house and although I have hit this place 4 or 5 times in the past, it gave up silver, Buffs, wheats and a ton of clad. It seems every time I go back I find more, and this time the grass was tight. I got a few more wheats almost 2 bucks in clad, a great seal button, a small ring that rang up like silver but has no markings. A really cool miniature pistol and when I got a 19-20 shallow I thought a zincoln. Now I'll dig those just in the hope a better signal lies beneath or close by. In the roots I pushed out the target and had this big sparkly staring back at me. WHAAAT- PAYDAY. I did try to hunt some more but after 15 min. or so I headed home to clean it up. FUGAZI-BAZINGA- Son of a buck rub. It sure looked good. Maybe next time. Thanksgiving, a quick hunt before dinner at the 1847 LC site gave up a clad half and a few Wheaties and a Chuck E Cheese token, almost 2 bucks in clad. By the way I gave the LC to the owner as a good will gesture in for his hospitality. Back a few days later the site gave up a little clad, a 37 Merc, # 77 4 more Wheaties and the surprise that day was a shallow 23- dropping to 21-20. Zincoln for sure, nope, out came a 1905 Ihp. ThatView attachment 455030 the Merc and wheats made my day.

# 78 Came back at my almost new 1903-04 permission, a 54 Rosie in the roots of the grass took me by surprise with a loud 25-26. Had I had a couple silvers in the bag I may have passed on that signal. A few wheats, very little clad and Buff # 40 ftyView attachment 455041 ended that short jaunt. I have only been hunting a couple-few hours at a time lately. Ok trying to insert pics in order with story, bear with me.

My return trip to the 1903-04 site gave up a war nickel, # 79[/ATTACH] and a stork pin, although marked sterling, you can see the plating flaking off. A 10 cent play coin had me thinking trime for just a little bit.
Saturday last I stopped by small postage stamp front yard, the lady told me a while ago I could detect it but forgot till I drove by that day. Glad I did, not earth shattering but it did give up .38 in clad and silver # 80, a 46 Rosie. After,[/ATTACH] I headed over to the 1847 site, dug a couple more bucks in clad a few wheats and a gold pin. Gold filled anyhow. No hospital round here with that name, some one visiting must have lost it. Long day, about 7 hrs. + for me but a good hunt.

Sunday went back to 1903 place, did about 5-6 hrs. dug 8 more Wheaties and a 52 Rosie also a 41 Merc which brought me to 82 fty. Also dug, probably my best button, a gold gilded, looks to be Victorian. Today, temps in the high 20s/ w 15-20 mph I winds I lasted only 2 hrs, but after reading other posts of braving the cold I decided to give it a go. No shiny but I did dig 9 more wheats. That puts me to 400 fty, which is where I wanted to be in that category. The highlight was a 3 wheatie spill, one a rusted 43 Pretty certain, it was with 2 45s 7+ in down. Also a Buff, # 41 fty, my goal was to dig a roll of Buffs before years end. For those that don't know , the Buff at one time was my white whale. It took me a year and a half to find my first one. So happy with that. Also today dug a couple lead soldiers and a cool old wrecker. Trying to get out as much as possible and hope to add to the shiny before the ball drops or ground locks up. If you got this far, thanks for looking in. HH Mark
Tried to ad pics and it deleted my originals

t

Attachments

• 006 (2).jpg
    006 (2).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 001 (3).jpg
    001 (3).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 278
Good show. I like the pix of the zone you were hunting. And like the green patina on your IH and wheaties. Your soil was kind to them !

Super hunting and report. My kind of mixed finds. I like that button too, and the toy soldiers, of course. I don't know jack about gold or diamond jewelry other than being able to tell if something is plated. So, I just assume everything is fake until proven otherwise!

This post was longer than my last post Mark, but your depiction of the hunts and the quality of your pictures were much better. Hope the Weather continues to hold for you as you are putting some very fine numbers of Silver into your coffers. Congrats my friend on some great late season success. Trapper

Tom

Good show. I like the pix of the zone you were hunting. And like the green patina on your IH and wheaties. Your soil was kind to them !

Tom, thank you sir. My 30s/40ish neighborhood has been good to me. Still my oldest to date coin was dug right across the street from my house, next to the sidewalk when I first started Mding and was one of the things that got me hooked. About 5 in. down, well crusted was an 1841 LC. Dummy me, not knowing what it was ran home and rinsed it off. Still it had an amazing amount of detail on it. Coppers around here seem to be site specific, I think it depends on what chemicals people put on their lawns. Thanks again, HH Mark

Awesome post on all counts Mark . The kind that makes for enjoyable viewing and reading ! Congratulations ! :wincup:

SS Thank you, I have been trying to post pics in order with story but seems if you try to load too many it starts to delete or move around the first pics. Sooner or later I'll figure it out. Happy Holidays sir. Mark

Super hunting and report. My kind of mixed finds. I like that button too, and the toy soldiers, of course. I don't know jack about gold or diamond jewelry other than being able to tell if something is plated. So, I just assume everything is fake until proven otherwise!

TS Thank you for the kind words. The button had all the colors when I dug it but unfortunately when I rubbed it most flaked off. Pretty much all the jewelry I dig is fake but it always nice to get your heart pumping. I enjoy finding toy soldiers as well and this last place has givin up,3 old lead ones. Enjoy your holidays. Mark
Awesome Mark! Love the pics, and wow that is a lot of great finds!

LS Thanks, with the weather closing in sorta like a feeding frenzy, more hunting = more finds and its paying off. Happy Holidays Mark

This post was longer than my last post Mark, but your depiction of the hunts and the quality of your pictures were much better. Hope the Weather continues to hold for you as you are putting some very fine numbers of Silver into your coffers. Congrats my friend on some great late season success. Trapper

Trapper, Thank you sir, I do tend to get a little long winded. lol Now if I could only figure out how to keep my pics with the story. But I do appreciate your comments and kind words. And yes trying for a strong finish to the year and hopefully get in one or two more good hunts. Hope you and your family have a joyous Christmas. Mark
Great finds!!!!!

Thanks Vic, too soon it will be coming to end here. Hopefully get in a couple more good hunts. A little surprise yesterday I forgot to mention in my post. I received permission on an old property, 1850s map shows a house there, now gone. Around Pgh. that's old, everything around here has been redeveloped. Enjoy your holidays. Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job of relating the story of your hunts. All of the pictures give that added dimension and depth that keep us coming back. I really like the variety of your finds. Hope you are able to get out some more before the ground totally freezes up. Good luck.

Great job of relating the story of your hunts. All of the pictures give that added dimension and depth that keep us coming back. I really like the variety of your finds. Hope you are able to get out some more before the ground totally freezes up. Good luck.

RoS thank you. the weather here gets nastier by the day. The only good day this week was Thur. and prior commitments kept me from hunting. Hopefully will get out a few more times before the end of the year. How late into the year can you guys hunt ? HH Mark

Some fun and interesting finds, congrats! You are ending the year strong, way to go.

Jason thank you sir. Happy Holidays Mark

Awesome finds Mark, and great write up/pics. Congrats!

Jeff, appreciate it, I have to say you are doing quite well yourself in the finds dept. this year. I see you have your AT Gold listed. What rig are you using now ? Happy Holidays. Mark

I think I'd recheck that pin, looks too good not to be sterling. Great hunt by the way lol !

Gale thanks I did recheck, I used simichrome to try and polish, nada. Now the little silver ring I found which is not marked sits on my desk here tarnishing as I type this. I just don't seem to have much luck with jewelry. Happy Holidays to you and yours. HH Mark

Mark, again you found yourself some real good digging dirt. I always like to see those buffs and war nicks recoveries. And for good measure you find a nice clad JFK half....those are hard to find too. Congrats on another fine hunt!

Back
Top Bottom