2nd Barber in Consecutive Hunts

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Once again, putzed around the curbstrips of my local town and about a block away from where I found the 1913S Barber dime earlier this week, I found this 1905S Barber dime....I think I may need to rename this street "Barber Way", I have found 6 Barber dimes over the last several hunts over the last year + or so.....also, my number of Barber "anything" finds accounts for about 45% of my finds this "fiscal year"....

GL and HH!!!

Attachments

• 12_07 Barber Front Raw.jpg
    12_07 Barber Front Raw.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 12_07 Barber Rear Raw.jpg
    12_07 Barber Rear Raw.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 12_07 Barber Front Clean.jpg
    12_07 Barber Front Clean.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 12_07 Barber Rear Clean.jpg
    12_07 Barber Rear Clean.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 260
Nice before-&-after pix. And ... as usual .... our west coast obligatory S mints . Nice job !

Congrats , both nice coins . I don't seem to get anything older than Mercs anymore and few of them . Keep up the good work !

I was stuck like that for a time earlier this year but thankfully I broke out of that "slump"...Silver is silver my man!!

Nice silver congrats.

Thank You.

Nice before-&-after pix. And ... as usual .... our west coast obligatory S mints . Nice job !

Yes, I forgot to add that obligatory 'S' mint mark as a Marquee statement to how we like our "western" silver remaining where it belongs. :lol:

Another nice save. Congrats on the Barber dime, looks to be in fine shape. I'm surprised you're not finding V nickels, I would think there would be a few laying in there with the Barbers. Some fine hunting Bull, good luck. Mark

Sounds like you are on a roll !! In some areas those Barbers are scarce as hens teeth. You certainly must be doing something right. If you ever get tired of digging them, I am sure there are members on here that would be glad to help you "clean them out".:laughing: Congratulations on your success and keep posting those finds.:yes:

Last edited:
Another nice save. Congrats on the Barber dime, looks to be in fine shape. I'm surprised you're not finding V nickels, I would think there would be a few laying in there with the Barbers. Some fine hunting Bull, good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark, I am with you on the nickels though these are areas where I have hit before or have been hit by others....I am just on a "clean up" kick for previously hunted areas so maybe those 12-12 or 12-13 signals are already picked over. I have been finding my fair share of nickels in the clad, just no War, Buffs, or Vs in the mix as of late. But maybe I will target those signals with more attention in the future.

Sounds like you are on a roll !! In some areas those Barbers are scarce as hens teeth. You certainly must be doing something right. If you ever get tired of digging them, I am sure there are members on here that would be glad to help you "clean them out".:laughing: Congratulations on your success and keep posting those finds.:yes:

Yeah, Barbers around here are relatively hard to come by but I am on a streak of sorts with them. But as you are probably aware, metal detecting finds can (and do) come in waves. I had a period where all I was finding was silver quarters and nothing else, other times it is just Wheaties, sometimes just Mercs....it just comes in waves for the areas I hunt.

Great work! I don't get more than a small handful of Barbers here in the NW per year. They are tough to come by, especially in curb strips. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom