Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX

tjr35

Elite Member
As some might have read in a previous post of mine I recently bought one of these for $10 from a friend to use as a back up/leave in truck detector. All though it has a "toyish" feel to it, it does work OK. However, I have noticed these selling used on eBay for around $60-70. I might have to sell it and use the money toward upgrades or a better backup, like a used Ace 150 or Compadre. Is that what you would do?

Yeah my kids like to use the Pioneer while I am using the Ace, to be honest last time out my 11 year old son found more coins with the EX than I did with the Ace. I was thinking Ace 150 as a backup so I could interchange the coils between that and my 250.

I got one of these as a hand me down and it was my first.
It had...problems...and caused me the most frustrating first 3 months I bet anybody in this hobby ever had.
I still have it, as soon as I take a trip out west anywhere near the Grand Canyon I am taking this thing along and it is going to have a little "accident".

Essentially, do what will make you happy. I'm sure the BH has plenty of potential, but it'll probably take some time to learn it's quirks. If you think you'd be happier with another make/model based on your previous experience and think there would be less of a potential learning curve/doubt, then certainly sell the BH and get that other model. I think every detector (low or high end) will have it's pros and cons as well as every make will have it's lemons. Based on the success I've had with my BH Tracker IV, I don't think I could say you'd be absolutely better off trading up, but really, that's up to you to decide.
Good luck with your decision. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom