Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 02-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Elite Member

Default Treasurenet.com sold..

From TreasureWorks.com

Leading Treasure Hunting website SOLD

TreasureNet.com, The oldest and largest treasure hunting website on the internet was sold yesterday for an undisclosed amount of money.

The Central Texas company ForumFoundry took control of the website yesterday (3 February 2012), and moved the website to an IP address on its servers in Austin.

We have not heard from former Treasurenet owner Marc Austin, or from ForumFounfry about details of the sale, or what plans the company has for the website, but we expect some news soon. As of today there is no mention of the sale of Treasurenet on either the TreasureNet website or on the ForumFoundry website.

ForumFoundry is comprised of a series of network forums and blogs on a wide verity of subjects from ATVís to fishing and Technology. It appears that the acquisition of Treasurenet is the companiesí first step into the treasure hunting and metal detecting world.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

Carol and Vlad would never sell out.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Moved On

Anything is for sale if the price is right.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Member

Some people have interest other than money.

Or clogging-up forums with babble............

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Old 02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Coin_Master View post
That's only true, for people without a conscious, values, or integrity. Would your parent sell you, if they were offered cash? I wouldn't sell my dog, regardless of the ridiculous offer, or my financial needs. I'd figure a way around it, or find him a decent home, free. I've given a lot of stuff away, rather than sell it. If it's something, I've already gotten good value out of, and someone else has a need. Sometimes, I do it just out of kindness.

I just bought a new detector, but haven't any plans on selling the old one. Will keep it for a while, until I learn the new machine. Maybe something to loan out, or just a gift. I'd give it to my brother, but like you, he see the dollars signs, he'd sell it cheap, unless he was pulling dollars out of every hole. I seldom charge for repairs I do, and usually only as much as it costs me, if I don't have a part on hand.

I never signed up with TreasureNet, just visited a few times while looking for answers, as with several other sites. Wasn't much more than a resource, just didn't have the 'feel' to it. It's usually the owners, who make the magic for a site, many tend to die out, when they change hands. Hope this isn't the case, a lot of good information there. They may have been the largest, but still think this one is the best.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Member

So does this mean all the old admins, mods, and Marc now have no power on the site?

Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Administrator

So when are you taking over Terry?

Banned Spammers 856

Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Maybe in your world, but not mine

Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Marc Austin had been trying to sell TNet for the past couple of years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Elite Member

Default "I am in control."

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
So when are you taking over Terry?
I've been pulling the strings now for some time now Craig. As you know, the CBM (Connecticut Beach Mafia) has tried to muscle in to our forum holdings, but it's just a matter of time now before I crush them all.. BWAAAA-HAAA-HA-Ha!!!!!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Elite Member

Too funny!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM

Welcome to the forums from Kentucky!!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by HarveyH48 View post
That's only true, for people without a conscious, values, or integrity. Would your parent sell you, if they were offered cash? I wouldn't sell my dog, regardless of the ridiculous offer, or my financial needs. I'd figure a way around it, or find him a decent home, free. I've given a lot of stuff away, rather than sell it. If it's something, I've already gotten good value out of, and someone else has a need. Sometimes, I do it just out of kindness.

I just bought a new detector, but haven't any plans on selling the old one. Will keep it for a while, until I learn the new machine. Maybe something to loan out, or just a gift. I'd give it to my brother, but like you, he see the dollars signs, he'd sell it cheap, unless he was pulling dollars out of every hole. I seldom charge for repairs I do, and usually only as much as it costs me, if I don't have a part on hand.

I never signed up with TreasureNet, just visited a few times while looking for answers, as with several other sites. Wasn't much more than a resource, just didn't have the 'feel' to it. It's usually the owners, who make the magic for a site, many tend to die out, when they change hands. Hope this isn't the case, a lot of good information there. They may have been the largest, but still think this one is the best.

Your examles are a little far fetched. Selling pets or children? Really? In reality, just about everything has a price. If I had a successful MDing forum and I was offered an outrageous price to sell.......where is the pen to sign the paperwork.

You make some assumptions of CM about his integrity and values based on someone else selling a MDing forum. Pretty shameful, IMO.

Last edited by sectshun8; 02-08-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View post
I've been pulling the strings now for some time now Craig. As you know, the CBM (Connecticut Beach Mafia) has tried to muscle in to our forum holdings, but it's just a matter of time now before I crush them all.. BWAAAA-HAAA-HA-Ha!!!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Skrap View post
Originally Posted by HarveyH48 View post

Your examles are a little far fetched. Selling pets or children? Really? In reality, just about everything has a price. If I had a successful MDing forum and I was offered an outrageous price to sell.......where is the pen to sign the paperwork.

You make some assumptions of CM about his integrity and values based on someone else selling a MDing forum. Pretty shameful, IMO.
Skrap, what are you talking about exactly? Shameful? Harvey was simply responding to CM's comment that "anything is for sale if the price is right" by providing examples where, for the average person, that is not the case. I don't see any assumptions or judgements being made on CM or the guy who sold the forum...and saying that everything has a price is saying a lot about one's own integrity and values...not much need for anybody else to elaborate. Harvey is saying that there are some things in life that are above and beyond money. You and CM and saying that everything has a price. And yet you call him shameful? Interesting logic.

Last edited by sectshun8; 02-08-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by stewart73 View post
Skrap, what are you talking about exactly? Shameful? Harvey was simply responding to CM's comment that "anything is for sale if the price is right" by providing examples where, for the average person, that is not the case. I don't see any assumptions or judgements being made on CM or the guy who sold the forum...and saying that everything has a price is saying a lot about one's own integrity and values...not much need for anybody else to elaborate. Harvey is saying that there are some things in life that are above and beyond money. You and CM and saying that everything has a price. And yet you call him shameful? Interesting logic.
Harvey quote CM about "anything has a price.....". Then in Harvey's first sentence he goes on to say people who mention this have no values or integrity. I read it as a judgement on CM. Maybe I mis read Harvey's intent. It is the interwebz after all. BTW, read my fourth sentence. Never said everything. Maybe both of us didn't read the posts completely.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:04 AM

All Websites are for sale if the price is right.
Fixed that for ya...

Omega 8000 / Lesche / ProPointer
2012 totals: $13.40 clad, 4 rings, 1 necklace, 1 Token, 1 Foreign - JetShack.com

Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bonesquat View post
I hope not. This site rocks

Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bonesquat View post
They are great owners, but if they were offered a few million each plus 10 % future ownership on profits, they would sell..I would

WOuldn't you?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Owner/Administrator

I did get a request from FF a few days ago to sell this forum and from someone else the next day, it seems every other week there is a request to sell. I don't even ask what they have to offer :lalalala"