Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 06-19-2019, 06:43 PM

Default Etrac depth question

So Iíve just been using my Etrac in Coin Mode since I bought it and Iím wondering if thatís hurting me on depth at all? I know thereís some programs you can download and stuff but I donít have the cord to hook it up to the computer yet. Going on a big detecting trip this weekend with some good targets in mind so I wanna make sure Iím dialed in.

Thanks!

Old 06-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Texashunter36 View post
So Iíve just been using my Etrac in Coin Mode since I bought it and Iím wondering if thatís hurting me on depth at all? I know thereís some programs you can download and stuff but I donít have the cord to hook it up to the computer yet. Going on a big detecting trip this weekend with some good targets in mind so I wanna make sure Iím dialed in.

Thanks!
Short answer is yes. Especially if your soil has some mineralization.
You donít need to hook to your computer to make a better detecting program.
You can do it manually. Does take more time.

Here are a couple video showing how to manually create disc patterns.
Imo between 30-48 conductive region, you should extend disc down more than factory coin program does. I like to run my disc at 27 in the region mentioned above. Twenty four in milder ground ainít bad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz7R0sj1-Mw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRWtZY6_sQ

Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 06-20-2019 at 12:20 AM.