Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Notices

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 04-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Longhair View post
Is that a Walther/Colt?
CMMG Banshee 22LR upper w/ AAC Element 2 sitting on a Colt 6920 lower.

Just got the upper a couple of days ago.

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #82  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
CMMG Banshee 22LR upper w/ AAC Element 2 sitting on a Colt 6920 lower.

Just got the upper a couple of days ago.
Very nice indeed!
I saw the Colt logo, and I know that Walther had made some M4 .22LRs under contract from Colt. That's why I asked, even though the upper was obviously not what Walther was making.

I've got a CMMG conversion, but I haven't shot it much yet. The plan is to build a dedicated .22LR with a Magnesium lower that I've got, and I'll put together an upper with a 1:9 twist specifically shoot Aguila 60gr subs through. I expect that I'll have to "adjust" the CMMG bolt spring a bit to accommodate the sub velocity ammo, but that's not a big deal at all. Once I have it all together I'll screw a can on it and top it with my ATN X-Sight, then go destroy the local raccoon population.

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.
Reply With Quote


  #83  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default

Originally Posted by Longhair View post
Very nice indeed!
I saw the Colt logo, and I know that Walther had made some M4 .22LRs under contract from Colt. That's why I asked, even though the upper was obviously not what Walther was making.

I've got a CMMG conversion, but I haven't shot it much yet. The plan is to build a dedicated .22LR with a Magnesium lower that I've got, and I'll put together an upper with a 1:9 twist specifically shoot Aguila 60gr subs through. I expect that I'll have to "adjust" the CMMG bolt spring a bit to accommodate the sub velocity ammo, but that's not a big deal at all. Once I have it all together I'll screw a can on it and top it with my ATN X-Sight, then go destroy the local raccoon population.


Thanks bud!

Good luck with getting those subs to cycle. Are you going to run that one suppressed? Should be pretty dang quiet either way with those Aguila rounds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #84  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 13,587
Default

Cool posts! Thanks for sharing! I do not own a firearm at the moment. Not the easiest procedure in my state compared to alot of others. I do have one kind of odd question though. I'm pretty sure I read 3 or 4 different posts, from different poster's, mentioning they lost there guns in boating accidents. Why is it seemingly common all these guns are lost on (or off) boats? Second, are these lost guns too deep to retrieve? A strong magnet wouldnt help? Third, if these lost guns were within reasonable reach, you could possibly dive down and retrieve them? Some really nice protection posted for sure!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO PATRIOTS!
☆W-174~IH-26~Coppas-21~Tokens-3☆
☆Silva-65~Ster-25~Gold-6
☆Oldest Coin FTY:1722 Woods Hibernia☆

Reply With Quote


  #85  
Old 04-05-2019, 12:40 AM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
Thanks bud!

Good luck with getting those subs to cycle. Are you going to run that one suppressed? Should be pretty dang quiet either way with those Aguila rounds.
One of the cans I've got in jail awaiting a stamp is a rimfire only. And yes it will be quiet. The bullet impacting is going to be the loudest noise heard.

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
I do have one kind of odd question though. I'm pretty sure I read 3 or 4 different posts, from different poster's, mentioning they lost there guns in boating accidents. Why is it seemingly common all these guns are lost on (or off) boats?
If politicians like the ones running your state ever feel bold enough to try to take 'em, and they send "officials" to collect them, you need to have an explanation ready for why you don't have 'em anymore.

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.
Reply With Quote


  #86  
Old 04-05-2019, 09:19 AM
GTS225 GTS225 is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 231
Default

And the boating accident could be legitimate. Maybe the guy was on a hunting trip somewhere, and had to get to a camp by boat, but there really was a major problem. I couldn't blame the guy for letting the weapons go, while saving himself to rebuild his collection.
Could be the guy was moving, and the quickest way there was a ferry across a large body of water. The ferry goes down, with his pickup truck on board.
There's a number of possible scenarios that could be a legitimate explanation.
And I think there's just one guy, he's just mentioned it a couple times.

Roger
Reply With Quote


  #87  
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Grizz Grizz is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 108
Default

Nice to see all the black guns, anyone have an IWI Tavor? If you did you would rarely if ever pick up you black guns again....
Reply With Quote


  #88  
Old 05-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default

Decided to go ahead and register a CMMG Banshee lower SBR to match my upper. Got my stamp today. Approval for form 1's is much faster now. E-filed form 1 individual on 4-26-19, prints received 4-29-19, approved 5-23-19.

This tiny two-stamp 22LR terror is by far the most fun gun I own.

CMMG Banshee 300 series 22LR SBR with AAC Element II suppressor and Franklin Armory BFS3 binary trigger.

Attached Images
 

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #89  
Old 05-24-2019, 06:16 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 9,293
Default

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
Decided to go ahead and register a CMMG Banshee lower SBR to match my upper. Got my stamp today. Approval for form 1's is much faster now. E-filed form 1 individual on 4-26-19, prints received 4-29-19, approved 5-23-19.

This tiny two-stamp 22LR terror is by far the most fun gun I own.

CMMG Banshee 300 series 22LR SBR with AAC Element II suppressor and Franklin Armory BFS3 binary trigger.

Looks like a fun gun. If one can afford all the ammo.

__________________
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus,
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, , remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Reply With Quote


  #90  
Old 05-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default Firearms pics and discussion

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Looks like a fun gun. If one can afford all the ammo.


Yeah I admit itís tempting to flip the selector to binary mode every time I shoot it. The good news is it eats the cheap bulk ammo just fine, and with the 4.5Ē barrel even the cheap standard velocity stuff stays subsonic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #91  
Old 05-24-2019, 11:56 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 9,293
Default

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
Yeah I admit itís tempting to flip the selector to binary mode every time I shoot it. The good news is it eats the cheap bulk ammo just fine, and with the 4.5Ē barrel even the cheap standard velocity stuff stays subsonic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hereís my zip gun. Lol
17hm2.


__________________
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus,
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, , remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Reply With Quote


  #92  
Old 05-25-2019, 12:01 AM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default Firearms pics and discussion

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Hereís my zip gun. Lol

17hm2.







Nice! I love bolt action rimfires as well!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #93  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Finally got my 6.5CM configured the way I'll take it out to Whittington Center next month.

Name:  Howa APC with Can On The Range 08-03-19_1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  49.9 KB

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.
Reply With Quote


  #94  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default

Originally Posted by Longhair View post
Finally got my 6.5CM configured the way I'll take it out to Whittington Center next month.

Attachment 447695
Sweet!

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #95  
Old 09-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Had a riot this last weekend at NRA/WC out in New Mexico!

Shot targets out to 1123yds.

Name:  WC-LRS_On The Line_Shooting At The White Buffalo-1125yds.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  89.7 KB

The target is the small white spot in the bare patch just into the tree line.
Name:  WC-White Buffalo_1e.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  80.2 KB
Name:  WC-White Buffalo_2e.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  99.9 KB

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

Last edited by Longhair; 09-26-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #96  
Old 09-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Rattlehead's Avatar
Rattlehead Rattlehead is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cave Spring, GA USA
Posts: 3,405
Default

Now THATS a gun range!

__________________
MINELAB CTX3030 | EQU|NOX800 | XP DĒUS | PRO-POINTER AT | PRO-FIND 35

Reply With Quote


  #97  
Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 PM
zeemang zeemang is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South of there
Posts: 19,555
Default

NICE range, wow!

__________________
E trac and an Excal II woowhoo!
Living the American dream, just a bit further south...

Reply With Quote


  #98  
Old 09-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Originally Posted by Rattlehead View post
Now THATS a gun range!
Originally Posted by zeemang View post
NICE range, wow!
It's only one of several on the Whittington Center complex. And "yes" it's an awesome place!

http://www.nrawc.org/

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.
Reply With Quote


  #99  
Old 09-26-2019, 10:19 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 10,117
Default

I love my latest rifle. Fun, cheap to shoot and MOA. Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 with Redfield Revolution 2-7 Scope. A2 Birdcage Flash Hider and Bipod. Using the Hornady SST 123g ammo for hunting this fall.
Attached Images
 

__________________
XP Deus, 2019: (65) Silver, (292) Wheats, (1) Shield Nickel (6) V Nick, (11) Buffs, (8) IHC, (8)Tokens (3) Gold, (10) Sterling, ($) 111.45 clad

Reply With Quote


  #100  
Old 09-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Longhair's Avatar
Longhair Longhair is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 4,102
Default

Originally Posted by jwp1964 View post
I love my latest rifle. Fun, cheap to shoot and MOA. Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 with Redfield Revolution 2-7 Scope. A2 Birdcage Flash Hider and Bipod. Using the Hornady SST 123g ammo for hunting this fall.
Those Ruger American series rifles are really sweet. I've got a Predator, but I'd like to get a Ranch in .300BLK.
In your part of the country that'll be a peach! I'm vaguely familiar with your neighborhood, because my sister lives nearby in Lenoir City.

__________________

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.