My Luckiest Find

Mustang Man

A couple years ago I went to Block Island before I knew about metal detecting. I stopped at a lighthouse and waited for my friends because that was one of the lighthouses we were going to see. I put down my kickstand and looked off to the right. There, laying in the dirt on the the edge of the fence was a 1898 Indian Head penny. It was the oldest coin I had ever had and I found it with my eyes. It was a pretty good day! I was so excited, it was so cool. Pictures below.

A couple years ago I went to Block Island before I knew about metal detecting. I stopped at a lighthouse and waited for my friends because that was one of the lighthouses we were going to see. I put down my kickstand and looked off to the right. There, laying in the dirt on the the edge of the fence was a 1898 Indian Head penny. It was the oldest coin I had ever had and I found it with my eyes. It was a pretty good day! I was so excited, it was so cool.

Very nice! Do you have a picture? I can't imagine spotting something that old. My best eye find for me was spotting a 1960 quarter behind a swing set. Another time I saw a 14kt necklace laying on the ground, intact. :)

Thanks for sharing mustang. Hope you'll upload a pic for us. :D

Nice eyeball find for ya. I used to go to Block back in the days. That is a nice place for sure. HH

Although I love metal detecting, I'm afraid most of my time would be spent fishing for striped bass if I ever had the opportunity to return to Block Island. A beautiful place.

Jersey Finder, I just figured out to upload today, so don't be hating.:grin: Here is a picture.
DSCF0617.jpg

DSCF0615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom