Civil War Finds At A Western NY Park??? On Veterans Day (Plus Some Other Cool Digs) :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey folks, some more good digging as of late. I went out with my buddy to a very popular place in the city on Veterans Day on Sunday, and I dug a Civil War Confederate button. Wow! We have very little history on the Civil War here in Western NY. I have no idea what this was doing here, but earlier in the hunt I dug a three ringer in this same place. Talk about interesting! Why was this here??? The question we ask a lot in our hobby. The button has a piece of fabric still attached to the back also. I also dug a dime trifecta that day, and the day before also. The same formula each day, Barber, Merc, Rosie. Some nice IH pennies out of here also, including a sharp 1884. I also dug a few silver dimes out of a 1940s field down the street earlier. And the 1833 Large Cent also came from a 1920s school down the street from both of the other two sites. Again, I don't know what that 1833 Large Cent was doing at a 1920s school. But it sure is cool right? Thanks for looking Everyone, and HH! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 259
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 262
Nice finds, love those Barbers. Thats a interesting panamerican pin! At least i think its a pin. Cant make out the design, but it looks cool.

I have a park out here that had civil war activity and ive found many 2 cent pieces, 3 ringers, shield nickels, seated coins in the area. I would grid it out! Low and slow! Congrats!

Trifectas , Indians, Large Cent and some fantastic history Ron. Some really fine digging and a great array of finds. The Button has got to be special as you don't see a lot of those in the Northern States. Congrats on it all. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom